Chapter 66

"Sileus!" A bolt of magic shot from my palm and onto Gretel, breaking her spells as I jumped aside from the tree I had been holding onto with my life. I couldn't wait any longer because the longer I did, the weaker I got.

The power slammed into me and the bottle of strength finally exploded as I lengthened out my other hand. "Inceptictum." I threw her down to the ground. Gretel didn't expect my appearance at all, believing I would be passed out just as Annabeth and Jacqueline were.

The surprise on her face just exceeded when she found me standing in front of her. I couldn't kill her with the normal spells I knew as she could break all of them but I could kill her with Death magic, only if I had enough time to bundle up that amount of strength.

"Aah, the little weak witch." She pushed herself off the ground and continued. "Increend—" The spike from her fingers faded away before it could ever reach me as she was thrown back on the ground.

Luciano injected something inside her before he snapped his head at my direction. "What the fuck are you doing? I told you to stay at the castle. I'm handling this." He shouted, his voice above a roar and his eyes blazing with anger.

I stepped back. "You can't kill her."

"I can weaken her. That's far more than enough." He growled, looking back down at Gretel who had been weakened. It was the same liquid Luciano used upon me whenever he needed to weaken me but it wasn't going to work on Gretel for long.

"Just move. I'll kill her." I breathed, standing away from them.

This was my chance.

Luciano got off her and took a few steps back. His clothes were still on and he was unharmed as he hadn't shifted, compared to the others and Ben. He must've warned him beforehand.

Gretel laid on the ground, still, for a few seconds before she started laughing. "You can't kill me and these little injections aren't going to work." She struggled with getting up but got on her feet anyway.

I only had a minute before she could use her magic against me—just a minute.

My teeth chattered together as the cold embraced me. I closed my eyes and the words made their way to my head. "Firortia Opponenim." I murmured under my breath as my hands spread out. My fingers quivered and the non-stop shaking continued as I gathered up at my strength.

When my eyes struck open, I found Gretel rather concerned than laughing. She didn't know that I had the learned the Blood magic. A vibrant, silver surge of waves emerged from my body, intertwining with particles of red that implied on blood, they clashed, creating sphere. I sucked in hard breaths and my heart ached, hammering hard against my chest and with every second passing by, the blood drained from my body, wearing me out.

It was a foreign language that I used, the words came to my mouth without a thought and even when I couldn't understand them, I knew what they were for and so did Gretel.

"No, no, no!" she yelled before she started running away from me.

The spell tore through me alas and I directed it at Gretel. She stopped right on time and the magic hit her with full force but it got too late.

"Relinio Intimortis." The forbidden words of Blood magic were her last ones and the sparkling red ball of flame struck at me and I fell on the ground, along with her.

Gretel died immediately.

It was over.

For her.