Chapter 51

"I'm sorry, I'll go see on him." I said, getting off my seat and excusing myself away from the brunch. I wanted Luciano to agree, not piss him off, which he had been.

Flicking my head to the left, I found him scurrying away into an empty hallway. I rushed behind him, calling out his name until he didn't stop. When he did, he whipped around, anger storming into his eyes and his jaw clenching.

"I don't want to talk to you, Red. You got what you wanted, aren't you happy?" He asked.

The sun from the window directly cascaded into the castle, hitting right over his face and his eyes that glimmered underneath the morning light.

"No. I don't want to piss you off." I took his muscled hand and said.

"Then you don't need to trigger your wolf."

"I do. I'll be stronger and I can kill Gretel, that is all why I want to trigger my wolf. I didn't even know that I had one until your mother told me!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air out of frustration.

He grabbed my elbow, tugging me closer, "I told you, you don't need to worry about her. I can kill her my self."

"Then what is the problem?" I asked, my features softening. Why was he mad over the fact that I wanted to trigger my wolf? What else was the problem?

"I don't want to see you hurt. It takes a lot of power to fucking shift and you're going to wail." His gaze was filled with worry as it met with mine.

"Do you think I care about hurt anymore, Luciano? I literally lost the most precious woman in my life. If I can handle that, I can handle anything else." I replied, easing his worries down.

"You can't."

"We wouldn't know unless we try it. It's just going to hurt a few times. All of your people go through that pain. Why can't I?" I said.

"Because these wolves, they shift when they are young, it doesn't hurts that much and they get used to it as they grow older. You aren't a young child where it will be fine for you," He snarled. I could almost feel his anxiety for me.

"I know and it will be fine," I rubbed my hand down his arm, "It's just going to hurt for a few days, maybe months and then I'll get used to it. I will become a hybrid, making me stronger than Gretel."

Silence quickened between us when Luciano didn't say anything. He pursed his lips together and narrowed his head. His grasp loosened around my elbow and he released me at once.

"Fine. It's fine. You do as you wish," His hand reached for my face and he kissed my forehead as the anger between us vanished away. "Let me know if you need anything,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," He nodded, barely looking into my eyes. "I've some work, I'll see you later."

Wolf.

My wolf.

The words ringed in my mind as I held my talisman tightly around my fist. It was the only thing required for the spell, apart from my blood and the blood of my mate. There was a burst of excitement bubbling inside me as I went over to Jaqueline's chambers.

Luciano had allowed her to do the spell and Vincent had no objection either, he was supportive of my decisions.

When I went inside the room, I found a red ashes on the ground and Jaqueline sitting inside the circle, her eyes shut closed as she murmured a mantra. I went over to her quietly and sat down on the ground.

"Did you get it?" She asked.

"Yeah," I handed my talisman to her and she took it.

She glared at my talisman for a whole minute before her eyes flickered to my neck. "Is that the stone of Lycan's?"

I curled my finger around the gift Luciano had given me for our wedding. I dared not to remove it, not even for a second as he wanted me to wear it at all times.

"Yes,"

"Do you know what it does?"

"Luciano told me that it provides with strength..." I trailed off, sounding unsure.

Jaqueline heaved in a sigh. "It also revives ones wolf after it's death but I'm guessing he must've missed that part out as he didn't know that you were going to become an hybrid."

My eyes widened slightly. "Really?"

"Yes, there were three of these made hundred's of years ago and were worn by Lycan's. Luciano's great-great grandfather was a Lycan, and when he passed away, his wolf lived and it's still lingering around the world." She explained, frightening me a little with her words.

"So, it keeps the wolf alive?"

"Yes,"

"Wow," I mumbled, still curling the diamond around my finger.

"It also has a lot of strength of those Lycans that had died wearing this. Keep it safe," she said before continuing with whatever she was doing.

I gave her a small nod and then lengthened my hand out. She drew a small incision over my palm, drawing out my blood into a glass and binding it with Luciano's.

"How did you trigger your wolf when you hadn't even found your mate?" I asked her as she had told me that her mother did it with a spell.

"The blood of a mate is optional. My mother triggered my wolf side by taking blood of another wolf that was an Alpha then. The stronger, the better." She explained hastily before dropping my talisman into the blood.

"Is it going to happen now?" I began panicking, "I mean—will I shift right away?"

"Yes. There will be a pain. Do you want me to start?" She asked for my approval.

I nodded, giving it to her. I was ready to my wolf to surge out and take control.

"Be quiet and don't say anything until it's over,"

Jaqueline moved her hands in circles, waving it over the blood while whispering the spell. My heart thumped in my chest and my breathing quickened. She pulled out a string of a plant and dropped it inside the cup, melding all the four things together.

A deep breath filled up my chest and my fingers tightened, tangling with the dress I had over. I choked on my breath as an awful sensation of pain twisted inside me. I stayed in place until Jaqueline didn't stop but with every second passing, I felt a strange swelling grew in my throat, taking over my body.

When she finished, her eyes flickered open and she said, "It's done. You're going to shift now,"

A surge of heat passed over my body and after that, I saw red.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr