Chapter 29

Luciano

"We have been patrolling the borders as commanded. So far, we haven't crossed by a witch but we are hoping to encounter a few of them tonight. A coven will be arriving at the nearby town, we will seize and question them, if needed, your Highness." Mr. Abraham went through the details as I stopped in the corner of the hallway.

It had been a while since I had spoken to Red and I needed to get my frustration out somewhere. She had pissed me. Her change in personality and behaviour was making me furious. She was uttering garbage when I contacted her earlier.

"Take of any witches surrounding around the town. I want all of them captured and burned to death." I said, shoving my hands inside my pockets and looking outside where the full moon hung on the sky. "I don't care anymore. The witches—we are calling it war now. Any witch that appears in my land should be questioned and then killed,"

"But—"

"Don't doubt me," I hushed him before he started protesting as these commands were usually concluded by the council. "And, do as I say."

Mr. Abraham nodded his head, "Yes, my King. I shall send out your commands by morning,"

"Good. You can leave," I shot him a smile before walking away into my room.

A groan escaped my mouth and I sighed when I found Charlotte standing inside the room, waiting for me. She was bought to the castle at once when Red was taken away. I hoped she'd know about something but Charlotte didn't. She was with her father for the past few months, away from the country and us.

And, I believed her after my men confirmed it.

She was with her father, away from this all.

"What are you doing here, Charlotte?" I asked, frustration in my voice. "This isn't a good time. You should go sleep," I rubbed the nape of my neck while looking at the time. The sun was rising and I couldn't get any sleep.

All because of Red.

Charlotte's eyes were soft as she glanced at me, studying my features, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. You need to go,"

"Did something happen?"

I groaned as she stepped closer, "No, but you need to go. I'm not in a good mood right now and I don't want to remove my anger on you."

Her hands shot to my direction, "Don't worry too much, Luciano. It will take time but you'll be fine, everything will be okay." She whispered, comforting me with her voice.

I sensed something strange. My heart sank into my stomach and my brows furrowed as an unusual pain rose inside my body. My breath caught in my throat and I coughed while my whole body ached. Before I knew, I clutched onto my stomach and fell on the ground as the painful feeling grew with every second. A migraine spread through my head, tearing me apart into shreds.

"What's wrong?" Charlotte asked, dropping beside me.

"Get my mother," I told her and she stood back up before running out of the room.

The raw pain surged through my body, nibbling on my flesh like insects as I focused hard to contain my screams. With every second passing by, the ache grew and my wolf sensed it as well. I howled, hitting on the ground as my system tangled. It slipped away for a mere second and then returned back, worse than ever, like I was being stabbed repeatedly.

My mother came rushing inside the room with Charlotte by her side, both concerned.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked my mother.