Chapter 54

Red

While the transformation was painful, the running part wasn't. Pain flared in my legs, aching as my eager paws imprinted the the grounds. I had no control over my wolf. All she wanted to do was run, forever.

The feeling was mutual.

My vision sharpened, I could see a lot more, hear things from afar, and my movement was quick. My heart raced, drumming inside my chest as I slowed down, gathering myself at the corner of the garden where there was a small waterfall.

There was an opening from the rocks where the water ejected from, flowing on the lake with ease.

I wasn't alert anymore but lost in the beauty of the nature. The garden ended right where the forbidden forest started. The same forest where I had killed Charlotte one evening. I didn't even know that I came that far.

My heart almost jumped out of my throat as Luciano pushed me down on the ground, his wolf over me, restraining mine down.

He shifted above me, and said. "I warned you. Now, shift back."

I shook my head, wanting to stay as a wolf for longer. I hated my human self and I didn't realize that until now. There was so much peace in being an animal, running without a single care in the world.

"Come on, Red. Don't make me mad. Shift. Playtime is over," He got off me, and I trailed my eyes down his bulging muscles that captured my attention.

A shiver went down my spine—he was naked. My wolf tried to fight as I tried to shift, she wanted to stay out for longer. My breathing fastened as I got on my all fours and tried to shift. I failed a couple times, a few howls of pain leaving my throat but when I tried it again, I shifted back.

My limbs were numb and I fell on my stomach, my claws disappearing along with the hair on my body. Luciano didn't lie when he told me it was going to hurt like a bitch.

"That was horrible," I groaned, fighting against myself to get up. My body trembled, quaking from the pain of shifting.

"Told you so," Luciano came down beside me, and lifted my hand, getting me off the ground. I stumbled over him but he caught me right on time.

"I think I've lose all of my stamina."

He laughed behind me, wrapping a tight and secured arm around my waist. "You don't have any to begin with."

"Oh, please," I rolled my eyes. "I've more than you,"

It was a struggle to get the dirt that had rubbed across my flesh off my body. So, I did what was the best, jumping into the lake.

"Really?"

"I've to clean my self," I dipped inside the warm water, and let all the branches and dirt out of my hair.

"Clearly you're dramatic." I heard Luciano speak before he joined me. "I might just put a leash on you."

When I got back on the surface, I pushed my hair aside and rubbed the water out of my eyes. "So, I shifted, how can I kill Gretel now?"

He cupped my face, bringing me closer to him. "Red, you need to stop thinking about her. Everything is not about her. You've a life."

"That does involve her because she tried to ruin it." I completed his words.

"We can discuss about her later. There is something important you need to know." He continued, his eyes filled with happiness as if he was finally going to give me something good.

"What?"

He brushed the back of his finger across my cheek, his lips moving to mine. "Patience. Let's get out of the water first if you're done cleaning yourself." He murmured, almost kissing me.

"But, I'm naked."

His hand went down, clutching my sides and pressing himself against me. My skin burned as it was on fire after shifting. I could feel my wolf purring inside me. The bond. I clenched hard.

"I know." A smirk grew over his face as his bulge rubbed over my pussy. Before his lips met my neck, two men appeared at the waterfall.

"Your Highness." One of them said, holding onto some clothes. I quickly turned around with shame and dissolved into the water as Luciano moved away.

"Right." He growled and then continued. "Keep them down and turn away,"

The men kept the clothes on the ground beside the lake and then turned around, hiding their gazes away from me. I got out of the water along with Luciano and grabbed the clothes as soon as I could. Upon wearing them, I realized they were males clothes but I wore it anyway.

Once dressed, I walked along with him back to the castle and it was a long way.

"So, you were telling me something?" I asked, holding his hand, swinging it back and forth. The men who got us the clothes followed quietly behind us.

Luciano gave me a nervous glance and my heartbeat sped. "I don't want to give you false hope, but, I need to know something from you." He was hesitant, as if he was hiding something from me.

"Yes?" I stopped him in the middle, wanting to explore the emotion in his eyes. Did he do something?

There was a long pause between us before he asked, "While your time at Gretel's, did you ever heard the name Annabeth?"

My mind clicked at the name. "Yes. But, it wasn't from Gretel's mouth that I heard that name." I replied, diving back to my memories when I read one of my mother's diaries.

My mother, long before she mated with my father, used to live in Lunaris. She spent most of her time in a small apartment that was nearby the mansion. Gretel took me there once, showing me her things, the books the she read, the magic she practiced and her diaries that had been untouched since her death.

"Where?" Luciano squeezed my hand and asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I found the name in one of my mother's diaries. Why? Is there something wrong?" I grew worried.

"Yes. She's the witch that has our daughter—" I opened my mouth but he shut me off. "—before anything, she's coming here. She doesn't works for Gretel and only wants a few things in return for our daughter so it's fine."

My heart bloomed and tears reached my eyes as I cracked a smile. "Are you telling me that we will have our daughter back?" I slapped my hand over my mouth to contain my gasp. "Oh, god."

"Yes. Annabeth will be here soon and she promises to bring Fiona along with her." I melted into his touch as he placed a comforting hand over my shoulder.

Before I knew, I had my hands around him, hugging him tightly. "I can't believe, Luciano." I cried, I really did. "Oh, god. I hope I'm not dreaming!" I squeaked out of joy.

"You're not." He whispered before placing a peck over my lips. "I told you, I had everything handled."

My spirit, my soul, my wolf jumped out of happiness along with my heart. I danced over the grass, literally. When I looked over at Luciano, I saw delight over his soft expression.

It finally felt like the sun had rose for us.

Read the full book on patreon quicker www.patreon.com/miakerr