Chapter 12

Luciano

I placed my hand over my stomach and felt my warm blood, seeping out freely. I hadn't been wounded in quite a while now so the pain was horrible, however, I was healed rather quickly. Werewolves had healing abilities and soon, I was on my feet, looking at the witch and Red who were talking.

"Come with me and I will leave your wolves. If you don't, I will gladly kill you, them and your friend we have." The witch said, threatening her.

"Leave them," Red said, "And, I will come with you,"

"No!" I exclaimed. I couldn't let any of these witches take Red away from me.

Another one of the cloaked women appeared in front of me and before she could do any magic, I ripped out her hand and pushed her aside to get Red away from that wicked woman.

"No, no, no!" Just as I reached on the spot, all the witches vanished and they took Red along with themselves. "Fuck!" My head whipped around at all direction and all I saw was the twilight and heard Ben groaning with pain.

I kneeled down beside him and found him bleeding, "It's going to be fine," he stammered, "Where is Red?"

I growled at the thought of her, "She's gone, they took her," I grabbed his arm and lifted him off the ground. "We have to return immediately,"

"Who were they? Did you recognize any of them?" Ben questioned as I pulled out my phone.

I scrolled down to see Charlotte's number, she called me at 12:13, and the call went on for a few seconds before it was cut off. I believed Red but at the same time, I had no believe in rising someone from the dead and we had Charlotte's funeral.

She was buried.

"None of them," I replied to Ben and then informed the castle guards to let everyone know that Red was missing just in case any of them saw her.

They still hated her but the hate was decreased.

"I guess I know one of them..." Ben trailed off, rubbing the back of his head. I turned to his direction and raised my brows, wanting him to continue, "It was a few years ago that I was patrolling these grounds around Whitebridge and there, I came across a coven—I guess it's name was Wives of Spiral Tree as they drew energy from this certain tree that no one was aware off. From the rumors, I heard they wore a black cloak at all times and lived away from the civilisation."

"Wives of Spiral Tree? The witches from that coven were burned in the 50's, Ben." I reminded him.

"Exactly..."

"Fuck me," I threw my head back and growled. "I need to find Red,"

"They have Lisa as well,"

"I know—I need to find them both."

•••

When I arrived at the castle, I found it to be filled with chaos as the rumors of the attack against us were spread. When a king was in trouble, the entire kingdom was as well. My mother came running to me alongside with my father, she hadn't left as I asked her to stay around, I needed her help more than ever now.

"Oh, god, what happened?" She gasped, touching my wound.

I flinched, "I'm fine. Ben needs help, he's worse," I turned around to find Ben limping. He couldn't heal as fast as me.

"Right. Guards!" My mother yelled, "Take Ben to the healing room immediately and make sure he's checked and taken care off," The guards came by and took him inside the castle while my father and mother stood beside me.

I took in deep breaths, trying to control the rage of ripping every witch who had touched Red. "It was witches. Witches—they attacked us,"

"What?"

"Witches, mother. They have Red and Lisa. They want Red for something and I don't know what it is," I explained, plopping down on the cold grounds outside the castle. I wanted to come here with Red, I didn't want to live another day without her. She had been away from me for so long and now, this fucked up shit had to happen.

Jesus.

We just got married.

"How...how do you know it's witches?" My mother asked. She hated when I spoke foul about witches but again, there were some good witches and some bad.

"They were doing magic. How else do you think I got hurt? A human can't touch me and a werewolf—let's not go there," I scoffed.

It was true. The only ones who could wound me were witches as they had more power than us.

My mother sat on the ground beside me whilst I held my wound that bled and ruined the white shirt I wore underneath the coat.

"You need to get checked," she whispered, gently.

"I need to know where Red is," My priorities were completely different. Red wasn't only my wife but she was also going to be a mother to my child. She was pregnant and anything as such as magic could ruin it all—for both of us.

"Lucia—"

"Tell me one thing, mother."

"What?"

"Can witches rise people from the dead?"

"What?" She shook her head in confusion.

"Can they?"

Her mouth hung open and she tried to deny but at the end, she nodded her head, "There is a chance but that kind of magic is dark and it's horrible, no witch would risk her sanity to bring someone back from death."

"So there is..." I closed my eyes and pressed my head against the castle walls. Red wasn't wrong.

"Yes,"

"Charlotte is alive and the witches have bought her back from death," I said in a second, my voice lowering down as I realized what mess Red would be in now.

"No, no, we buried her, Luciano. She can't be alive,"

"She called me," I showed my mother my phone.

"It's not possible. Witches can't bring someone back from death until they have died through a spell or something—they can only reverse the spell." said my mother, a flicker of hurt appearing in her eyes.

"Exactly. Red used her magic to kill Charlotte and now, she back from dead, taking revenge on Red for all that she had done."