Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Vincent questioned me.

I was seated in front of the council and a few more elders of the pack including Charlotte's father and Luciano's evil aunt. Luciano stood on the other side of the room, watching all of us silently. A part of me wondered about what he was thinking and whether he came to a conclusion of what we spoke about last night. Another part of me forced my thoughts and emotions to focus on the council.

"Nothing," I stated and found a set of eyes settled on me, "Expect that I'm am very sorry for the mistakes I had done. Of course, there is no forgiveness for that but I'm hoping that we all could move on."

The eyes moved among the council but they stayed quiet. I wasn't sure what I was expecting out of this meeting but hopefully, we all could come to a conclusion. Hatred could be sniffed from a distance, no one in this room wanted me to be here except for Luciano. I wasn't even sure about that. It was bold to me to assume that everything would be fine just as soon as I would come back with a child growing inside me.

The only reason the council wasn't saying anything to me because I was holding a baby, Luciano's baby.

"You do understand that your position is no longer justifiable after what you have done, right?" Vincent asked. I knew what he was speaking about even though it wasn't in clear words.

"I do. I have lost my position as the queen and I know that."

"That's right but it doesn't mean it has to stay like that. When your deemed worthy of the title, you shall take you place beside Luciano, however, until then, you are just his mate." He clarified.

Well, at least there was some hope.

"As you say so," I nodded my head and agreed. The others were somewhat terrified or angry to speak with me but Vincent did the job.

"Great! We are settled then?" He asked the members of the council.

The elders maintained the silent, they didn't speak and by that, Vincent assumed that everything was settled until the very last moment.

"I can't believe this!" Selina shouted, rising up from her seat. "You're letting a girl so deadly as her control your entire kingdom! Don't you see it, she's evil and she brings evil. Witches are evil!" I felt my self shrinking underneath her cold words. I didn't want to be a witch either–it was a curse for me.

Not a blessing.

Never.

"Selina. You don't get to speak in this. You're not a part of the council or this pack. You should leave and let me handle this," Vincent said to her sister in a gentle tone. He wasn't rude with anyone, not even with me. Neither of Luciano's parents were rude to me and it made sense how forgiving he was.

"You're a fool, brother!" She thumped out of the room and slammed the large wooden door shut. She was being nosy and this wasn't even her pack.

I looked over at Luciano and found remorse in his eyes. He stepped towards me and said, "She's done here," His hand followed down my elbow and I stood up. The others were to scared to speak in front of the king. I didn't know what he did but it worked out–they weren't controlling him anymore.

"You know you don't have to do that," I whispered, leaving the room by his side.

"I know what I have to do. I'm not going to watch someone tear your kind from limb to limb. Selina has done this quite a few times now and I won't let you get hurt, not from her." His fingers tightened around my hand as he spoke with fury.

I pursed my lips together and walked along with him, leaving the ground floor of the castle and going upstairs. Luciano still hadn't spoken to me about yesterday night but I didn't expect anything. It was not a threat–just a simple request.

"Could I go to my Nana?" I asked him, stopping in the middle of nowhere.

"Why?"

"I just feel like speaking to her. Where is she?" Now, I was concerned. I hadn't seen her since I came here. I believed she was around but she might have left after knowing that I ran away.

"She left for Whitebridge yesterday,"

"Oh," I took in a deep breath before continuing, "If it is not a problem for you, could I stay with her for a while? A few days, maybe a week?"

"Why?"

"I feel like we both need space for a while,"

"Red," he said my name with concern and wrapped his hand around me with pure possessiveness. "I don't want to be away from you. Not even for a second!"

His muscles flexed as I ran my fingers over his shoulder, a mix of emotions rolled off me as I looked into his eyes. I wasn't leaving, not that I had that intention anymore but I needed time–space.

"I'm not accepted here, Luciano and we both know that. Everyone is angry with me and it's going to take time. I feel it's better if I leave for a few days. I haven't been away from the castle since the day you got me here. Please, understand me." I explained, pleading through my eyes and tone.

There were so many things I wanted to feel and explore. Away from the castle and with Lisa brought a thrill inside me that I thought I had lost. It exhausting being here with all the danger around me.

"Whitebridge is safe and I will be with my Nana anyway. She'll take care of me if I can't," I assured him.

He pulled me closer into his embrace and I saw his wolf emerging in his eyes, taking control, "I don't want to be the king if I don't have you by my side,"

"It isn't like that. I'm not leaving forever, Luciano." I repeated, rolling my eyes. I couldn't stay without him either. "Just for a few days. Please?"

I heard him growl before he came to a conclusion, "Fine. Just a few days and if you try to runaway again, I will get to you and force you back here in my way."

I laughed at his response, "I won't," It sounded promising and it was. If Luciano was accepting me and my child then there was no need to leave.

"When do you want to leave?"

"Preferably today and I don't want anyone to know that I'm gone,"

"Why?" He raised his brow in confusion.

"That might harm me. I will be away from the castle, away from your protection and there are many people that want to take revenge from me. You could tell everyone that I'm simply away in my room or something like that." I explained, hoping he'd understand.

Whitebridge was safe. I knew everyone there but if danger followed me from here then it wouldn't be safe enough for me. Luciano held my face in his hands and kissed me. I felt his lips turning into a smile.

"Since when did you get so smart?" He questioned.

"Since I first kissed you,"

Just to clear out a few things, Luciano and Charlotte weren't first degree cousins and it's later on mentioned in the book that Luciano's grandfather had a lot of mistressess, therefore, his Uncles come from different bloodlines, etc. No incest is in this story! 

Read the full book on patreon quicker; www.patreon.com/miakerr | updates are on Tuesday's and Thursday's here GST 9-10PM.