Chapter 31

Eight months later.

I whirled my hand in front of the witch I had been against and mumbled, "Traus,"

She quickly resented and fought back, "You can't kill me,"

"I can weaken you and then kill you," I shot her a smile and then disappeared into the large trees that were just outside the Halbert Mansion. The witch followed me, her eyes searching everywhere as I climbed on a tree and watched her from there.

Over the months, I had learned a lot more than I should have.

"Come out, Red. We fight face to face, not from a distance!" The witch exclaimed. She was the last one I had to wound before I could began with my mission.

The solar eclipse was a month away and I only had a few weeks left to prepare the destruction of the werewolf kingdom, Luciano's kingdom.

I strode in the darkness and looked at the witch trying to find me everywhere. Her hands were raised out in defense as I would attack her from nowhere. She was one of the strongest witches alive and yet she couldn't find me.

"Come on," she groaned, stopping underneath me.

"Traus," I whispered at her and she fell on the ground immediately. "Goodbye," My lips arched as I got off the tree and bent down beside her to check on her nerves. She was still alive but wounded, just as Gretel wanted me to do it.

I pushed my hands underneath her numb body and picked her off the ground before carrying her back inside the mansion were I found Gretel.

"Done," I said, placing the witch over the couch.

Gretel was dazed as she looked at the body, "Impossible,"

"I played a little,"

Her two fingers came down to the witch's neck and she checked on her heartbeat, her breathing was a little ragged as she was placed into a deep sleep.

"I can't believe it,"

"You have too. I took another witch down. I'm ready now," I said, straightening my shoulders. There was one more woman that I could fight against to prove my strength and that was Gretel herself.

"Fine, fine." Gretel mumbled. She ticked her fingers at the servants and asked them to take the witch back to her room. "You're ready,"

"Yes!" My happiness just grew. I had done it. I had passed Gretel's test.

The previous eight months were easy but the tests were hard. I had been hospitalized twice over the last two months as one of Gretel's witches had wounded me way more than I could've handled. I woke up two days later with an IV attached to my hands.

Apart from the witches, I had killed twelve rogues that were around the area. Killing werewolves was the easy part but Gretel promised that Alpha's were way more stronger and I needed more strength to take them down.

The strength provided by a solar eclipse was enough to take down Luciano and the entire council, rest could come in later.

"Treat yourself," Gretel said, giving me a bottle of red wine.

"Thank you,"

Our connection had grew intense and even though I still hated her for taking away my daughter, I couldn't help but bond with her in a way I had never bonded with another woman. She had shown me my mother, her pictures, her little bedroom in the town where she used to live when she was away from my father.

My breathing slowed down and I sat down beside Gretel, "What now? When will I leave?"

"We still have a month, darling." She raised her glass at me and said. "No need to rush,"

"But I want to see my daughter," I couldn't wait to be over with all this.

"I know, I know, patience. You will get to see her soon. Right now, I need your help in something." Gretel said with concern in her voice.

A servant appeared and gave me a small invitation letter.

"One of our sister's in Pennsylvania found this invitation a few days back," she said.

There was a stamp over it—a stamp of the King—Luciano. My heart raced and I raised my head to Gretel.

"This is by Luciano,"

"Read it,"

I tore it open and it was an invitation send to a werewolf family, Mr. and Mrs. Charles. They were being invited to a ball on 17th of August which was tomorrow.

"There is a masquerade party at the castle," I announced, loudly. "How should that concern me?" The solar eclipse was weeks away, going there would be useless as I needed energy from that event to kill anyone from the castle as they were all too strong.

"It should. It's at the castle, and it's the perfect chance to return back home and plant out the plan there." Gretel explained, grinning. 

I sensed something strange.

"Return home? For what?"

"Luciano is strong, you cannot take him down, even with the energy of the solar eclipse and let's not forget that there is a witch by his side."

Jaqueline.

From what I had heard, her permanent residence was at the castle. She hadn't gone back to England yet. Apart from Gretel, they was another witch stronger than her and that was Jaqueline—the first chosen one.

I frowned as I felt my plans being destroyed, "So? How can we change that?"

"I'll need you help with a few spells that can weaken Luciano enough for a few weeks so when the solar eclipse happens, you can take him down easily." She explained.

"How can I help?" I asked.

"I will require his personal items for the spell and the only person he wants more than anything is you. Which is why, I've decided that you'll be going to the masquerade party and grab what is needed. Once the task is done, you can bring back the things and I will began with the spell."

My thoughts scattered. "I'm sure by now Luciano has moved on, it has been over nine months since I last saw him." It was the beautiful day I gave birth to my child. "He won't let me near him,"

"Well, you have to force your way back into his heart. You'll receive protection from my side during the whole journey and I'm sure the King won't kill the only one he loves the most." Gretel said, throwing me off the edge.

It had been difficult—getting over him and now, Gretel wanted me to lure him back to me. Why? It didn't make sense to me. Once at the castle, Luciano would never let me leave, he'd hold me there and I knew that for sure.

I shifted on the couch, uncomfortable, "I don't know,"

"Red," Gretel called out my name and forced me to look at her, "This is required. If not, you cannot take him down and then you'll have to wait another three years for another event of nature."

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I could not wait for another three years to get back with my child. I was dying to see her, to hold her, to feel her little heartbeat against my chest as I kissed her forehead.

"Fine. What do I need to get?"

"Great! I'll need his hair, a piece of his cloth and the candle in his room. I will try out a nature mantra to weaken him, the effects will show immediately so while you're at there, I want you to place a spell on him so his mother can't protect him any longer."

This all was impossible to do. I had to get inside his room which was guarded by his men. They'd never let me go inside as I was no longer their Queen. Jaqueline wouldn't let me go through either, she'd know I was against Luciano and all the werewolves.

"And, how am I able to get it all? The guards won't let me in and everyone will think of me as danger," I raised my brows at her.

"You'll have to sleep with him, darling."

No fucking shit.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr