Chapter 30

Red

"How are you feeling," Lisa asked as I rocked back and forth on a chair. My head was still stinging but apart from that, I was getting better, second by second.

The mate bond was broken, destroyed as I wanted it to be. It wouldn't be long before all my feelings for Luciano would disappear into the oblivion.

"I'm fine," I replied, taking the glass of wine off her hands. "Thank you,"

"Why did you do it?" Lisa sat on her bed, her eyes fixated on me as I sipped on the wine that loosened the tension off my body.

"I didn't want to be with Luciano,"

"But you loved him, Red."

I nodded, "You're right. I did love him but not anymore. I can't see myself with someone who kill witches for no reason. You don't know about the things he have done."

"It's not like you haven't killed his men," Lisa reminded me of the time when I lost control.

"I know I did wrong, I apologized for it—I even apologized from Charlotte. I've stopped it but Luciano, he hasn't stopped. He had killed two witches last night and it's going to keep happening if he keeps looking for me. It was the only way to stop it," I explained to her.

"So," she paused for a second, "It will be all over?"

"It is already. I'm just going to start with my trainings and see where it leads too. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too long before my child is returned to me." It was all for my daughter, the only thing I was living for.

I had no one except for her and my Nana.

I titled my head to look at my reflection and found Luciano's mark on my neck gone. It was over. We were over. We weren't mates anymore, just two people who loved each other once.

A knock landed on the door and Lisa stood up to open it while I drank the rest of my wine. I was exhausted and ready to fall asleep until I heard a man on the door.

It was Damon.

I cocked my head at the direction of the door where I found him, speaking with Lisa. I wasn't able to make out what they were talking about as they were whispering but after a moment or so, Lisa walked out and Damon came inside.

"Hello, Red."

I gave him a smile and replied, "Hey. How was your trip?"

Damon had been gone for a weeks to the north where the other witches resided and there was a chance that my daughter was being kept there as Gretel told me nothing about the trip.

"It was good,"

"When did you come back?"

"Ah, just a few minutes ago. Tell me about yourself, how are you?"

"I'm okay," I replied, sighing, I was nowhere near okay. I couldn't think about anything properly. My mind was blank since I had spoken to Luciano.

"I heard from my mother that you spoke with your husband?" My stomach twisted upon hearing the word 'husband' and while they were ways to break the mate bond, there wasn't anything to break that term apart from getting a divorce.

And, a divorce was against my religion and beliefs.

I couldn't get that.

"Don't say that," I rolled my eyes and continued, "And, yeah, I spoke to him. Hopefully, he won't be killing anymore witches."

"Let's do hope that,"

I was still sore and aching when I forced myself on the bed to sit. Gretel informed me earlier that I would be weak for a couple of days and that it would take time before I could do any kind of magic.

"You look unhappy," Damon said, and then sat beside me. The distance between our bodies were only inches apart.

The sunlight cascaded into the bedroom, warming up the cold room. It was Lisa's room and I was supposed to stay here for a while—until I got better.

I turned my face too Damon. He was right. I was unhappy and miserable. "Yeah, I'm but it will go away, all the sadness, it will go away."

"Then, let me tell you something that will make you happy,"

My eyes flickered with doubt, "What?"

"I saw your daughter,"

"Really?" My heart skipped a beat upon hearing that and my vision blurred with tears. "When? How was she? Is she fine? Please, tell me she's fine."

Damon laughed, "She's perfectly fine and being taken care off. You don't need to be worried, the witches around her are nice and they'll do everything to make you happy." His thumb breezed along my cheekbone, forcing the hair on my skin to rise.

"Oh," A warm tear left my eyes and rolled down my cheeks as my head narrowed down. "I can't believe it. Has she grown?"

"Oh, yeah. And, she has the same eyes as you, perfect and hazel." He replied, cupping my face.

I felt an emotion pass through me. It was for my daughter. The desire to see her again kept me sane enough. She was everything I wanted.

Motherhood was something new and it was feral for me.

"Thank you," I mumbled at him.

Damon had been good to me over the past month, everyone has. I dreaded at first but things began to fall in the right direction. I belonged with the witches as I was one of them.

"Don't. You'll get to see her soon," He responded, his head leaning down towards my lips.

I flinched and moved back while bringing my hand up to create a barrier between us, "I can't do this, I'm sorry."

"Why not?" Damon asked, annoyed as he pulled away too.

"I'm still married to someone and I can't think about being with another man. I have to focus on getting my daughter back and maybe then, I can think about this all. I'm sorry." I explained to him in easy terms.

My life was committed to Fiona and being with another man wasn't in my mind. I still had feelings for Luciano, they weren't strong but they were still there. Betraying Luciano wasn't what I wanted.

Damon nodded, "All right, I understand."

A few minutes later, I left the room and he said nothing more after I declined him, politely. Damon was great but I simply saw him as a friend.

As I walked outside, I found a woman who took me to Gretel's room as she requested for me. It was odd as we were all about to sleep and most of the witches were exhausted by trying to break the mate bond and I had lost a lot of my blood as well.

When I came inside Gretel's room, her lids flipped open and her eyes connected with mine.

"Come in," she got up from her bed and said.

I went further inside her room and stood in front of her, "Did you want something?"

"Yes, I couldn't wait till morning." She tied up her hair and continued, "For the next few months, you'll be trained by the witches—of course, after you heal from all this. After that, we will start bringing in wolves and test out your magic."

"Will I have to kill them?"

"Of course," she scoffed. "It's necessary. But, we won't be getting any innocent ones. They'll be rogues and mutts that do not belong anywhere."

"All right and after that?"

"Then, according to the outcome, you'll be either trained for few more months or sent back to Pennsylvania."

"What?!" I gasped, "Why?" I didn't expect to go back so quickly.

"Most of the Alpha's reside in parts of Pennsylvania, and so does the King. Your work is there, nowhere else."

I gulped hard and noticed that Gretel hadn't mentioned anything about my daughter. "When will I be able to get my daughter back?"

"When you kill Luciano, you'll have your child."

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr