Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After tying ourselves as one, Luciano and I left the church and Ben returned the minster back to the town where he could sleep and forget that any of it ever happened—it was surely going to be hard night for him.

We stopped by a motel, again in the middle of nowhere. According to Luciano, it was an hour away from the castle and we were going to spend the night here before completing the rest of journey.

I was a little terrified to go back to the castle. Things were never going to be normal again there but it gave me comfort knowing that Luciano was my husband now than just my mate as he was before.

"Do you plan on telling your parents soon? Or are we keeping this as a secret marriage?" I inquired him while walking towards the motel, arms locked and bodies close.

Serena Raven Motel.

"Of course, probably when we get back there."

"And, do you think they'll be fine with it?"

"My parents—they'll be happy but I'm not sure about everyone else." He said, his voice lowering down. "But, who cares?"

I nodded my head and together, we went inside the motel to book a room. We both needed privacy more than ever—especially now that we were married. I wanted to tell Luciano about the strange encounter with Lisa but there was a voice at the back of my head that warned me not too.

The motel was cheap, it was one of those places with the smell of beer and sex lingering all around the air but I was in for it all—it was an adventure. It was open and there were a row of doors across the small structure and right in the middle, there was a reception. An old, strange lady with wrinkles all around her face raised her head and looked at me and then at Luciano.

The tiny hair on my skin rose when I looked back at her. Something didn't feel right.

I tugged on Luciano's arm and stopped him from walking any further, "Are you sure this place is safe?" I asked him, fear in my tone.

"It's safe, princess. It's a motel for humans so there are no werewolves or witches if you're concerned about that. And, if you're forgetting, I'm the king and even if something wrong happens, I can handle. Ben will be here as well in a few minutes," Luciano assured me. His voice warmed me to the core but my enhanced sniffing senses picked up something—something dangerous.

"Are you sure?" I repeated.

"Yes. Come on, it's just one night and we will be in bed all night long," The back of his fingers glided against my cheeks and I nodded my head.

We approached the old receptionist together and booked a room for ourselves, Ben and the other two people who were with Luciano. The woman kept glancing at me, she gave me a strange vibe and I looked away each time, wanting to leave from this place quicker than ever.

When we arrived at the room, I was taken back by how clean and tidy it was. The motel's didn't look good from the outside but it was the complete opposite from the inside. There were a few candles placed across the large walls, a bed with a frame, and a dressing table with a stretched mirror. It wasn't as big as the Luciano's room back in the castle but it was definitely bigger than mine in my Nana's house.

"I'm going to go freshen up. Care to join me?" Luciano asked, standing by the washroom.

I laughed, "I know what you mean by freshening up and I'm already sore so no, not right now. You should go and I'll relax for a while."