Chapter 7 - Birthday (1)

Aiyanna

I couldn't believe Edward freaking Cullen tried to joke around with my life. I was so scared when he started to sound threatening. He wasn't a regular guy, so adding that kind of behavior could make anyone pee their pants.

"Are you still upset ?" Edward asked me. The silence in the car was unbearable, even to me.

"There are things you'll need to know about me, if we're planning on being friends." I said, instead of answering his question.

"Friends..." he murmured.

"Or maybe you don't want to be friends ?"

He shook his head. "It's not that. It's just... if I wanted to protect you the way I do, I wouldn't let this happen. I would stay away." he confessed, which made me more confused. "But, I want to be selfish for once."

"I don't understand." I calmly answered while staring at his side profile while his eyes refused to meet mine. "Protect me from what ?"

"Me."

I frowned, as Edward looked at my eyes for a second to catch my reaction before his eyes went back on the road. His hand held the steering wheel tightly, as he sighed. The tension suddenly felt suffocating. How could he go from teasing me to being all serious all of a sudden ? What was he really thinking ?

He looked like he was trying to scare me away althought he didn't want to. It looked like he was fighting himself. Fighting his own desires. Was he trying to make me see the reason why people stayed away from him, and his family ?

"It's not your job to protect me, Edward." I told him firmly. " I'll take care of myself."

Edward parked in front of my house and stopped the engine from vibrating under us. The car fell silent, as he sighed one last time. He looked like he was taking the hardest decision in his life. Why was it so hard for him ?

"Are you okay ?" I finally asked him, worried.

He nodded and turned towards me. "What do I need to know ?" he asked me, trying to change the topic from him to me.

I decided to not bother him with more questions. "First of all, what you just did earlier. This is the first and last time you do that." I warned him. "Don't do these kind of things with me, because once I stop thinking, I can't guarantee you of what'll happen."

"Then, I have another rule for you." Edward said. I nodded. "Don't try hitting or punching me. You might hurt yourself."

I laughed at him. What did he think he was made of ? Had it been Emmett, I probably could've understand because that guy looked just like his Jeep. Big and sturdy. But Edward, was slimmer. Not that I was underestimating his strength.

" I'm serious." he added, not amused.

I held my hands in front of me, surrendering. "Okay, I can do that." I accepted. "You seem trustworthy enough and I feel like we could be good friends. So, all this bullshit about you wanting to protect me from yourself, get rid of it. It's nonsense."

"It isn't." He sighed. "Why don't you believe me ?" Edward suddenly asked me, seriously.

This was actually a good question. He did look dangerous especially during his little "joke", and yet I refused to believe him. Every person was a threat to another. I also could be a threat to someone else.

A Vampire's Love - Edward Cullen (Twilight saga)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें