Chapter 29 - Port Angeles (1)

Aiyanna

More than a month had passed and as Edward had predicted, Bella didn't say anything.

There was definitely something about her that was making us confused. Ever since that accident, she kept on greeting Edward everyday as if she had forgotten what happened. Edward had told me that she had been angry at him that day, because she had felt like he wasn't telling her the truth. But, the next morning, she started acting as if it was already beyond her. With Edward's unability to read her mind, it was impossible to know what she was thinking and what could explain this behavior.

It has been a month already, and coming back to this subject today to find more answers would only raise her suspicions. She had given the same answer to all the people who had asked her version of what happened : Edward had been next to her all along and pulled her out before she could get hurt.

Surprisingly nobody doubted it and everything went back to normal.

Homecoming was this Saturday and I didn't even have the time to think about going or not, because Alice couldn't miss an opportunity to dress me up. She had already seen in one of her visions how I was going to be dressed up, so thankfully, the shopping session hadn't been that long.

Jessica, Angela didn't find their dresses yet, that was why both Bella and I went to accompany them on their shopping session. Apparently, Bella was going to be out of town that day but she still came with us.

Considering the fact that today was a sunny day, the Cullen siblings didn't come to school. The last time I saw Edward was this morning, as he watched me get in my car and drive to school.

The girls and I went to Port Angeles right after classes ended. Since Bella lived the closest to my house, I picked her up this morning, as we were going to use only one car for tonight. As for Jessica and Angela, both of them rode Jessica's car in the morning while I followed them to Jessica's house so they could drop their stuff before we drove off to Port Angeles.

I was already used to have little girls trips with Alice and Rosalie, but now that three girls who were as human as me were sitting around me, it felt quite different. First of all, my driving was safer than any of the Cullen's. And secondly, the conversations were certaintly different from the ones the Cullens and I initiated.

After singing along the Destiny's Child CD that was playing through the car's radio, Jessica started talking about the guys in our group. After diverting his attention from me to Bella, Mike had started to get interested in Jessica. They had diner last weekend, and she was hoping that they would have their first kiss on Saturday.

Bella had confessed that it was her first time in Port Angeles, and that she never even went to these kind of places back in Phoenix.

"Don't tell me you never dated anyone !" Jessica exclaimed, surprised by her revelations.

"I am more of an indoor person." Bella answered as we walked in the first store. "I never had a boyfriend or whatsoever."

"Why ?"

"Guys were not interested in me."

Jessica snorted. "The guys in Forks must have shocked you then. You even have to turn them down."

"Except for Tyler, I guess." I added.

Bella arched her eyebrows. "Tyler ?"

"He keeps telling everybody that he's going to be your dance partner on Saturday."

"What ?!" Bella exclaimed, in shock.