Chapter 13 - Family (2)

Aiyanna

After thanking Carlisle and Esme for the meal, I insisted on helping them clean the table. They all tried to stop me, saying that they were enough to take care of it, but I didn't like doing nothing. It was only because Alice pushed me towards Edward to follow him as he'd guide me around the second floor, that I left the kitchen.

Edward brought me upstairs and showed me all the different rooms. From Carlisle's office, to the bedrooms that I briefly looked at except for the last one. Edward's. Contrarily to the others, there was no bed. Only a long chair.

"Do not tell me you sleep on that." I said as I pointed at the chair that was in front of the library on the right wall.

In front of us were clear windows that showed the forest that surrounded his house.

"I do." Edward answered.

"Doesn't your body get sore in the morning ?"

Edward shook his head. "I got used to it."

"I have an inflatable bed at home if you want." I suggested but he only answered with a chuckle while shaking his head.

His room was smaller than the ones he showed me, but there was still room for a bed though. I looked up at his library. There were tons of CDs and books.

"You didn't lie when you said you liked reading." I said as I tilted my head to read some of the book's titles.

When I thought that I actually bought a book recently and didn't even touch it until this day, I wanted to hit myself. I really wanted to get back to it, but didn't find enough will to do so.

There was a stereo on a side of the wall as well. I was curious to know what he was listening to nowadays, since he seemed to have plenty of genres gathered in here. Once I pressed play, the sound of instruments were heard but in a fainted sound. I put a little more volume, only to recognize jazz music.

"Oh ! You've got some tastes !" I commented, enjoying the sound of the saxophone.

As I looked back at Edward, I noticed that he hadn't moved but was still staring at me. He looked quite shy.

"What ?" I asked while seating on the floor, against his library.

"I've never showed my room to anyone else than my family." Edward answered, which surprised me.

"Not even once ?" he shook his head. "I'm your first ?" he nodded. "Wait, you haven't dated anyone yet ?" he shook his head. "So that explains why there's no bed." I suddenly realized, which made him look down. Even I felt embarassed. "Sorry."

I should've kept my mouth shut. Embarassement emanated from me and also from him, which was actually my first time seeing that.

"Don't stay at the door, it's your room." I told him while I patted the spot beside me, inviting him to sit there.

Edward closed the door, and gracefully walked towards me before he squatted down to sit. As soon as he was well seated, I leaned my head against his shoulder and sighed loudly while closing my eyes.

"Are you okay ?" Edward asked after a silence.

"Food coma. I need time to digest."

I heard him chuckle which made his shoulders move. If Edward used to be sensitive when I touched him, since the beginning of the week, he started to be more at ease with that. This was the most touchy we had been. At least, that was what I thought until I suddenly felt fingers slowly and shyly brush my face. I felt shivers run down my spine, knowing that it was Edward. Had it been someone else and I would've taken a step back even before being touched. But Edward was an exception. He was being so gentle as he went from the shape of my eyebrows, to my eyes. Then, his fingers followed the shaped my nose, before he cupped my face. When I felt his thumb graze my lips, my heart started beating even faster than it already was. I hated how good this sensation of being this intimate with him felt. It wasn't right for people who were just friends to do these type of things or to feel what I was feeling.