Chapter 88 - Wedding Day

Edward

Eighteen hours separated Aiyanna and I from being united by the sacred bond of marriage. These hours have never felt as painful yet exhilarating as they did in this instant.

"You try to get out now." Aiyanna challenged me.

As part of our habits, my wife-to-be and I were laying on her bed, before she would fall asleep. Contrarily to almost every night before tonight, I wouldn't be able to watch over her while she would be sleeping. Jasper and Emmett planned on kidnapping me for a bachelor party I still knew nothing about.

Laying on her side, Aiyanna had put her right leg around my waist and had wrapped her arms around my neck, allowing me to breathe in her scent shamelessly. However, her embrace felt nothing like our numerous previous ones. This time, she was tightening her hold around me so I would not go.

Even a hundred years later, I would never get tired of her competitiveness. Thinking that her strength could exceed mine was amusingly endearing of her.

Accepting Aiyanna's challenge, I brought my hands to her sides and tickled her, knowing how sensitive she was there. Aiyanna giggled and unconsciously loosened her grip around me, allowing me to have the upper hand and push her on her back with her wrists tightly held in my hand above her head.

"Seriously ?" Aiyanna asked, barely calmed down.

"You never said I had to play fair."

"I assumed you'd know that it's a requirement in any challenges given to someone. You should be familiar with this concept by now. Wasn't it invented around the time you were born ?"

I chuckled at that. "Actually, Shakespeare came up with the concept three centuries before my birth."

"You know too much about this world for me to even doubt you" Aiyanna said, rolling her eyes. "You could actually be lying and I would believe you."

"Oh, really ? I love you."

Flabbergasted, Aiyanna's lips formed a perfect "O".

"Get out." she said, making me laugh.

Even for a joke, lying about my feelings for her was not something I was able to do. At least, not anymore. I once did it, when I parted ways with her almost a year ago, but knew I could never do it again. It was easier to hit her with the truth in the wrong context.

I leaned down at Aiyanna's level and pressed my lips to hers. With her inability to get me closer to her with her hands, Aiyanna imprisoned my waist in between her thighs. For something that started as innocent, Aiyanna turned on the switch to my arousal as she dragged her tongue across my top lip. Her intentions of freeing her hands from my grip so her fingers could wander under the shirt she found very much inconvenient, made me find no other solution than tightening my hold around her wrists. If I let her have her ways now, even just a little bit, I was not sure I would be able to stop her as I have managed to until now.

Our honeymoon was approaching, and for long, I have had concerns about my ability not to hurt her while we would make love. No matter how I anticipated giving in to our desires to be more intimate with each other, it was unfortunately, also something I dreaded about.

As strong as Aiyanna could be, I couldn't help but see her fragility. If I ever held her too tightly... surely her bruises would heal quickly but my mind would be more at ease if I didn't hurt her at all. Besides, I couldn't ignore the fact that there was a certain point at which she wouldn't heal at all.

Parting my lips from hers left both of us panting and while navigating through her mind, I realized that none of us was out of breath. We both longed for more and internally fought our body and mind to come to the common agreement that we wouldn't go further until the wedding night.