Chapter 60 - Home (1)

Aiyanna

I sighed for the umpteenth time as I walked back to Forks.

I had left Canada on four legs and turned back to human as soon as I set a paw in the State of Washington.

I was thrilled to go back to my pack that became a safe place to me, despite the never ending quarrels and the recent shocking events. However, I didn't want to share my thoughts to them, especially not now that all I could think about was the Edward I left behind with everything I knew about the imprint and what I decided to do about it.

Or Jasper, that I only noticed after taking the decision to go back home, who looked at me with an apologetic expression as he apologized for attacking me on my birthday party.

And finally Emmett, whom I didn't look at long enough to decipher his expression

I thought I had moved on, but it wasn't completely true. It was only when I saw them again that I realized how hurt I was that they left me all so suddenly. Not just Edward, all of them. They all used to play a role in my life but...not anymore.

I was still covered with Edward's shirt that I had wrapped around my ankle before turning. His scent still lingered on the piece of fabric, and numerous times, I caught myself trying to inhale it, like an addict.

Stupid imprint

How would I have reacted to the Cullen's return if I hadn't imprinted on one of them ?

The feeling of shame for imprinting on a vampire had played a huge part in my fleeing. It was actually, the only reason why I ran away at first.

I probably would have reacted the same way I did but without running away. At least, not for that long.

I had been so caught in my thoughts, almost forgetting about my surroundings, that I didn't notice the wolf that was trotting towards me from my left side until it stopped in front of me.

I recognized him. The color of his fur, the scent that emanated from him, the eyes that always seemed to look at mine with worry...there was no way I couldn't recognize him.

However, everything felt different now.

With a sigh, I reached my hand forward and ran my hand through the fur of his jaw.

"Had it been you, and it would have been so much easier. Everything's gone now. I see you, but I can't feel anything. I'm sor..."

Before I could finish my sentence, he turned to human right in front of me.

My eyes only followed his face. I was used to see first turners naked once they'd turn back to human so I wasn't surprised anymore. I knew how to avoid seeing things I wasn't allowed to.

"You could've hidden yourself. I wasn't going to leave." I reminded him.

"What are you sorry for ? Are you okay ?" Ricky asked, looking me up and down, looking for any injury.

"I'm fine, now dress up."

"Yeah, sorry."

I turned my head to the left, giving him an ounce of privacy, although this concept was easily baffled in our pack.

"I've been looking for you." Ricky confessed.

"I am pretty sure Sam told you not to."

"He didn't explicitly order me not to."

Ricky was caring. Although he didn't talk much, he listened a lot and knew how to read the room and through people.

I used to see him in a different light than the rest of the boys. I did once feel attracted to him, but the longer I stared at him and the more I realized that there was nothing left of that attraction. It was as if someone had cut a string that used to link us.