[ECLIPSE] Chapter 58 - Lone wolf

Aiyanna

I sat in my usual spot, on the right side floor of the single armchair of our house, my eyes staring far in front of me.

This routine never left me even after she left us.

Without having to look on my left, I could feel her looking down at me, probably disappointed or maybe frustrated because of me.

With a sigh, I leaned my head against the armrest.

"How long are you going to wander in these woods, Aiyanna ?" Nana asked me.

I closed my eyes and sighed again. "I don't know." I admitted.

If the first times I saw her, she tried to convince me to return home, now she seemed to have come to the conclusion that I wasn't going to go back anytime soon.

The conversations sounded almost the same. They always revolved around two things : Home and the imprint.

"If only you had told me what you were going through...how broken your heart was...maybe I could've prevented you from closing it for this long." she said.

"Telling you that I once dated a vampire was never an option. I was scared you'd take me out of your will."

I felt her tap the top of my head. "Idiot. Quit joking. I am serious, Aiyanna." Nana scolded me. "You closed your heart for too long, trying to heal from the heartbreak caused by the love of your life."

"The love of my life..." I repeated, not believing that these words were coming from her.

"He is. Whatever shape he comes in, he is your imprint Aiyanna. You accepted him while being human, why is it hard for you to accept him now ?"

"This feels right and wrong for you to say at the same time."

"I believe in the imprint. That boy found you at a time of your life where you are at your lowest..."

"I'm fine..."

"No. You are better now but you are not fine my child." Nana cut me off.

It was useless to argue with her. It was as if she was reading what was going on inside me and translating all the signals sent by my body that I was constantly ignoring.

"It is your chance to start fresh with him, Aiyanna. Don't be ashamed of your imprint because of the history of our kinds. You are not his enemy and he is not yours. Remember that..."

Her voice slowly faded until everything fell silent.

The dream stopped as soon as one of my eyes opened suddenly. I quickly closed it again, trying to go back to the dream but no matter how long I kept them closed, everything just stayed black.

I sighed, feeling my shoulders drooping as I did so, and finally woke up. Hopefully I would see Nana again in my next dream. However, the more time passed by and the shorter my dreams became which made Nana's appearances shorter as well.

The day has already risen. It was the sixth time that the day rose above me ever since I ran away from Forks and La Push.

I found myself wandering somewhere in Canada. Not once, in those six days have I turned back to human, not that I didn't want to. Turning was a hundred times more difficult now, for some reason. Humanity was bleeding out of me until I was more animal than human. I was living in the moment, sleeping when tired and running just to run away. And it was scaring me.

I noticed how tired I was in the beginning, while having no appetite. 70% of my days revolved around resting but hunger never kicked in. I only ate the little animals I would find here and there just to reassure myself that I put something in my stomach, but only a few bites were enough. The mere thought of having to hunt and eat raw animals almost made me vomit.