Chapter 14 - La Push

Aiyanna

As I woke up the next morning, I was blinded by the light that shined through my window. My room was brighter than what I was used to ever since we moved in Forks. Since I didn't watch TV that much, I didn't get the information that the sky would be clear today through weather forecast. It sure made a difference from the gray sky I was now, used to. I came out of my bed, in a good mood, and walked towards the bathroom while thinking about what I'd do today.

I thought again of Edward who kept on asking me to come back to his house. He didn't look like it, but when he wanted something from me, I felt like I was dealing with Alice.

What was I doing ? I shook my head quickly, trying to get rid of these thoughts. If Edward was the first thing I thought about in the morning, I was doomed. That would mean I was falling deep into a hole I was scared to get into.

I didn't know what to do today, but I knew I didn't want to stay home. It was my parent's day off today as well. Maybe we could go out, just the three of us.

After showering and changing into sweatpants which looked alot like my pyjamas, I went downstairs to take my breakfast. I met my mother who was drinking coffee in the kitchen, while reading the newspaper.

"Good morning."

She looked up at me, ready to answer, but the ringtone of the phone of our house cut her off. As I was the closest, I picked it up and brought it to my ear.

"Hello ?"

"Aiyanna ?" a familiar voice called me. "It's Jessica."

"Hey, Jess. What's up ?"

"Good, you're up early. I know it's sudden, but do you have anything planned for today ?"

"No. I was actually thinking about it." I answered.

"I just got a call from Eric. Him and Mike were thinking about going to First beach in La Push today. Do you want to come along ?" Jessica suggested.

La Push. I never had the time to organize a small trip there and yet, this was where I came from. At the mention of La Push, my eyes landed on my mother who was still reading her newspaper. She might've felt my eyes on her because she looked up at me, and raised her eyebrows as if to ask me what was wrong.

La Push. The land my mom was born on. Did she go there ever since we moved in Forks ? Has she ever visited her dad's grave ?

"Aiyanna ?"

I came out of my thoughts, and escaped my mother's gaze by looking through the windows of the kitchen.

"Sure. When ?"

"Eric said they'd be there by 12." Jessica answered. It was in an hour. "Your house is in our way. Should I pick you up ?"

I nodded, but then, remembered that she couldn't see me. "Okay. See you later."

"Wait ! You do know what's waiting for you, right ?"

I rolled my eyes. Of course she wouldn't have forgotten. Both Jessica and Angela were aware that I had been invited to the Cullen's house. If she hadn't called me to go out, I would've had to answer her questions on Monday.

"Yes, detective." I answered.

"Good. See you later."

As soon as I hung up, I sighed. Another long and I hoped, fun day, was awaiting for me.