Chapter 44 - Guidance

Aiyanna

The five of us came out of the cars and walked up to Billy Black's porch. Sam was walking in front, as he was familiar with Billy while my family and I were standing behind him.

"Jacob told me you were looking for me." Billy told Sam. "I didn't know you'd bring company."

"This is Aiyanna and her family." Sam introduced us.

"It is nice to meet you, Mr Black." I said, pulling my hand forward to shake his hand.

"Please, call me Billy." he answered with a smile, grabbing my hand to shake it.

When our hands touched, his eyes went from our hands to my eyes with surprise. He then, looked at Sam and grabbed his hand as well.

"You..." Billy started, cutting himself off.

"Yeah." Sam answered, not needing more from Billy to understand what he wanted to say.

Billy let go of our hands, his surprise never leaving his face expressions. My parents then, approached us and shook Billy's hand as well, while introducing themselves, before my grandmother walked up to him with a smile.

"You are Ephraim's grandson, am I right ?" she asked him. Billy looked up at her, and nodded. "My late imprint fought by his side, a long time ago. It is an honor, to meet you." she continued, bowing her head to him.

Billy bowed his head as well. "It is an honor for me, to meet one of our last fighter's imprint."

Imprint ? What was that ? It was my first time hearing this, and both of them seemed to know perfectly what it meant.

"Please, come in." Billy said, turning his wheelchair around to go inside.

Sam, my family and I followed. Billy seemed to be alone, because I didn't hear even the slightest noise in his small house. My parents and grandmother sat on the couch, while Sam and I brought two chairs from the kitchen to take a sit in Billy's living room. Billy was sitting in front of us.

"I see you both have turned." Billy started. "When did it happen ?"

"It's been two weeks for me, and 3 days for Aiyanna." Sam answered.

Billy nodded. "These genes hadn't awaken since the generation of your grandparents and even great-grandparents. You must understand that the shapeshifting power involves responsibilities. A lot is going to change from now on, from your habits, your physical appearance and the people you are around." he stated.

"Please, tell us everything. Every detail."

"I presume you are all aware of our history." Billy started, which we all answered with a nod. "Werewolves are supernatural creatures which means that as long as you keep turning, you do not age and your humanity remains untouched."

I let out a bitter scoff, shaking my head as I put it down. I used to wish being immortal for him. To make a sense out of the word forever.

But he left.

"Is something wrong, Aiyanna ?" Nana asked me.

I shook my head no. "Please, keep going." I told Billy.

"Although you are mostly still human, you will not be vulnerable to diseases. Your senses and immunity system are heightened which will allow you to heal quickly if you happen to injure yourself during battles and wars."