Chapter 33 - Nomads

Aiyanna

"Out !" I shouted.

I assumed Emmett was galloping from base to base, because the moment he had hit the ball, he was gone. I couldn't see him. His speed made him invisible to me. The ball was flying towards the forest, and I quickly understood that Edward had gone after it.

Emmett might be the strongest, but Edward was the fastest. When I saw Edward's wide smile, and his arm he had raised to show off the ball, I understood that Emmett lost. Again.

"And you want to be my trainer ? I should probably let Edward do it." I provoked him.

I heard Bella chuckle timidly behind me, and before I knew it, my back was on the ground and Emmett above me, tickling me knowing I couldn't hold it together. The sounds that came out of my mouth were a mix of laughs and screams.

"Say it again !" Emmett said.

"He..help !"

"I should teach you how to respect elders." I heard him say through one of my screams.

"Alice ?"

Emmett suddenly stopped, and looked towards Alice. I coughed and tried to catch my breath as I was letting out my last giggles, before I was back to myself again. Like all of them, I looked up at Alice whose face showed nothing but horror.

"I didn't know...I didn't see..." she murmured.

Emmett helped me up, and stood behind me. He was twice bigger than I was. It almost felt like I had a wall behind me.

In a blink of an eye, all of them joined us.

"What's wrong Alice ?" Carlisle asked, calm.

"They were faster than what I expected. They changed path."

"They changed path ?" Jasper repeated, leaning protectively towards her.

"They heard us play and decided to come play with us. They'll be here in less than five minutes."

Carlisle looked at both Edward and Emmett. "Do you think you can make it ?" he asked as he glanced at both Bella and I.

"No. Not if we carry them...And the last thing we want is to have them catch their scent and wanting to hunt." Edward answered.

"How many are they ?" Emmett asked Alice, and resonated through my ears.

"Three."

"Three ! Let them come !" he boasted, confident.

"Emmett's right. Let's keep playing. According to Alice, they are just curious." Carlisle decided.

Edward looked at Esme. "I'll stay back." he told her.

Esme nodded and gave him the whistle. The others went back to their original spot while Edward stood in front of me.

"The nomads ?" I asked Edward in a whisper, fearing they'd hear me.

"Yes. Zip up your coats." he ordered us and both Bella and I did. "Do not move or get away from one of us."

Edward tried his best to hide the anxiety that tensed his body, but I could see it. I brushed his hand with the tip of my finger, and he grabbed it. When he looked down at me, his eyes were filled with disappointment.