Chapter 79 - Target

Aiyanna

The party ended around midnight, and I was sure it could have lasted longer if the most tireless ones didn't feel uncomfortable staying while most of their comrads went home.

If guests had entered both impressed with the hip club atmosphere Alice had created, but also uneasy while going in the Cullens' residence for the first time, they all left without an ounce of discomfort, but simply their appreciation for Alice's work. She did deserve the recognition.

As promised to my father, Edward drove me back home after all guests left. As if to see if Edward would keep his promise or not, my father had fallen asleep on the couch during his attempt to stay awake until I would be back home. After sending him off to his bedroom, I changed my clothes before heading over to La Push as soon as I was ready.

As expected, all members were awake. Sam had summoned them in their wolf form, and they were all patrolling in La Push. Seeing it like this, our territory was too small for all of us to patrol at once. With our numbers, we could easily cover both Forks and La Push, as we used to before the Cullens came back in town. However, because of the treaty, we remained in our territory and only patrolled over the no-mans land in Forks if necessary.

"You stink." Jared commented once I set a foot in La Push.

"Thank you. It's always a pleasure to hear nice words." I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Do you know where ?" Sam asked me, on a more serious note.

"There's a field they use to play baseball at. We'll meet there at three o'clock."

"I'm so ready for this. We get to kill vampires !" Quil let his thoughts slip out.

"We wanna come too !" Collin exclaimed. "Aiyanna, please tell Sam to let Brady and I come."

"She's the one who suggested to leave you at the reservation." Sam told them.

"Oops..." I let out.

"You guys are too young. You're staying at the reservation. That's final."

The tone in Sam's voice dissuaded both of them to say anything back. Although I did feel guilty for taking this opportunity for them to do what we were born to do, the fact that they were still new to this and had never been around a vampire closely once were enough reasons to leave them at the reservation. Besides, the tribe might also need them if a vampire tried to escape there, although the probability was low.

"We'll stay as wolves and won't physically take part in training. We will just watch." Sam decided.

"What ? We can't train with them ?" Quil asked, surprised.

"I still owe the big one a snap." Paul said, displeased by Sam's order.

"That's exactly why I made this decision." Sam continued. "You're not fighting Emmett, Paul. The Cullens are our allies, at least for the time being."

"Speaking of allies, there's something I have to tell you." I intervened.

The others and I were spread across our territory. I stayed the closest to Forks with Jared, Ricky and Leah, while Collin, Quil and Embry were with Jacob and Brady and Seth were around Sam.

"What is it ?" Sam asked.

"I am not a 100% sure about this, but Victoria might have created herself allies. I think she's the one behind this army..." I started, continuing with the reasoning I had to explain for the third time in the past twenty-four hours.