Chapter 73 - Clothes

Aiyanna

I felt like I was being dragged to reality as I walked to class the next morning.

Spending the day with Edward yesterday was at the same time a good and a bad idea. A bad one because it was the only thing I could think of even while being seated in class. And a good one because I enjoyed every bits of it, whether it was for the discussions we had, the silences during which we just delighted in our surroundings and each other's presence or...the limit check as Edward called it.

I hid my face with my hands just thinking about it.

What had gotten through me ? Why would I torture not only me but Edward as well ? While touching him, I was able to feel his emotions mix with mine, and it took a tremendous strength to stop myself.

Although I could feel a certain sense of completion inside of me for just being in his presence, I was dying to deepen our connexion, but didn't allow myself to. If I did, it would have consumed me to the point where I wasn't sure that I would have had the strength to part ways with him and go back to a somewhat normal life after that.

I remembered how long it took for Sam to be able to think of anything else but Emily. For weeks, I had to take the lead in our pack of four because of his inability to go past his obsession with his imprint.

I couldn't allow myself to fall into that trap when I was so close to finish high school.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of classes for today, I was awaited by Edward who managed to find my classroom as always and wait for me to come out of it.

"Alice has been waiting for you." he announced, smiling.

"It will have to be quick, then. I can't be late." I said.

Thankfully, since it was the last week for senior promotions, our classes only lasted until lunch, which gave us the time for last-minute studies before the finals.

In my case, today, some members of the pack and I were going to attend Paul's, Jared's and Ricky's graduation ceremony. The promotions at the reservation graduated earlier than ours.

Edward and I arrived at the parking lot where our cars were parked beside each other and where Alice and Jasper were waiting for us.

"I thought I gave you my number so we didn't have to be tortured by each other's scent." I reminded her.

"It's okay ! You have Edward, I have Jasper." Alice answered, smiling brightly.

Of course, Jasper would take Alice's disgust away. She was indeed, lucky to have him.

"What is it, Alice ?" I asked.

"I am organizing a slumber party to which you are going to be part of, since Rose and I were supposed to be watching over you tonight and tomorrow. It's better than just sitting on a tree, hearing you talk while you sleep." Alice said.

"You don't have to do it, you know that ?"

Alice rolled her eyes before she pointed at Edward. "Say that to him."

I glanced at Edward who looked back at me with an innocent expression. I knew that this babysitting schedule had been organized by him from the beginning, and my attempts at making him change his mind have never been fruitful so far.

"I was counting on your friends to watch over your parents, since I know for a fact that it would be your first reason to say no. Besides, not to disgust you but your parents might need some time alone if you know what I mean." Alice continued.