Chapter 65 - Unexpected

Aiyanna

By the end of the day, the text I sent Sam about the information Edward had given me, was still unanswered.

It was the first time that we knew when Victoria was planning to come to Forks. It was our chance to use this information to our advantage.

Jessica and Angela had waited for me at the end of class, as we had planned to go to Angela's place and study. The fact that I knew I couldn't make it was saddening me more than it would have done before. Maybe because I also missed just being a 18-year old human.

When I walked up to them, my disappointment might have been visible on my face because Angela talked first.

"You can't make it today, can you ?" she assumed after interpreting my face expressions.

I sighed and shook my head. "Can we reschedule it to tomorrow ? I need to drop by somewhere."

Angela smiled and nudged my arm with hers. "Of course, yes."

I returned her smile and the three of us walked to the parking lot.

"Did Edward really talk to you earlier ? What did he say ?" Jessica asked, refering to when he found me during lunch period.

Of course, I couldn't really tell her about the information I had been given.

"He just explained why they had to leave so suddenly and why he judged best to break up with me. Nothing I didn't really know." I lied, making sure not to contradict their lie.

"Do you still love him ?" Jessica asked.

"Jess !" Angela hissed.

"Okay, sorry..."

I was thankful for Angela's intervention. It allowed me to escape Jessica's question.

What I felt for Edward was unexplainable. Whenever he was around, I didn't remember anything about the feelings I felt for him before I imprinted on him. The emptiness, the disappointment....it was as if he was the own remedy to the pain his departure had given me.

As soon as we walked out of the building and landed in the school's parking lot, I was reminded that he was probably listening to our conversation. Although I was sure Edward, Alice and Jasper had gotten to Edward's Volvo even before we all processed that the bell was ringing, they were strangely still there. Waiting. But why ?

"Are you sure you can't make it ?" Jessica asked me.

"Yes. Are you still going to study today ?" I asked them.

"Yeah. I went to every class and still feel like I need to study as much as you do."

I scoffed. "And yet, you're still going to prom."

"Mike invited me. There was no way I'd say no." Jessica answered, her tone making her answer obvious.

"Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow then." I told them, and Angela nodded before they both waved at me while walking to the right side of the parking lot where their cars were parked while mine was on the left side...where the Volvo was still parked.

With a sigh, I walked straight to my car while keeping my car as my focus point not to make eye contact with the Cullens. The three of them were seated inside the car, not saying a word. If they had been communicating, I would have heard them.

Once I hopped in my car and locked the doors, I heard Edward talk from his seat, behind his steering wheel.

"Alice is going to take Bella out of town for the weekend. At least we can have the certainty that Victoria won't go after her." Edward said.