Chapter 22 - Isabella Swan (2)

Aiyanna

Edward and I were one of the first ones to go in the Biology classroom. While he was sitting on his seat, I leaned my back against his desk while he played with the fingers of my right hand.

The more students got in, and the more their voices got clearer to me. They were all talking about Bella.

She said earlier that she would be taking this class. Considering the fact that the only seat available was next to Edward, since M.Banner wanted us to keep the seats we chose from the first class, she would soon find her seat next to him.

"I feel sorry for her." Edward commented. "Bella has to sit next to the scary Edward Cullen."

I rolled my eyes. "The scary Edward Cullen who kept his eyes on her for a good five minutes, non stop."

Edward's only response was to laugh at me. He was only asked to figure out what she was thinking about them, since he was the so called mind-reader. But his persistent stare and her furtive glances thrown his way weren't unnoticed to me. I felt uneasy, when I didn't have the reason to be. I hated this feeling, which actually made me curious about what Bella was thinking about the Cullens but also about what Edward was thinking while staring at her for so long.

To be honest, I had been so used to see him ignore all women, that the moment she caught his attention, jealousy kicked in.

Edward looked up at me, pursing his lips to stop himself from laughing again.

"Are you done ?" I asked, which made him chuckle again.

"It is quite adorable and flattering to see jealousy take over you." Edward answered, as he calmed down.

"I'm just curious." I said, shrugging my shoulders as a sign of indifference.

Edward smiled. "If you say..."

Suddenly, Edward's smile died down and his back straightened. He quickly covered his mouth and nose with his left hand while the one that was holding mine clenched its grip around two of my fingers.

Edward ! - I mind-called him.

I tried taking his hand off, a thing I never thought I'd do, but obviously he was stronger than me.

"Edward, it...hurts." I winced out loud.

He suddenly let go of my hand, but didn't say a word. As I looked up at him, his eyes were glaring at something behind me. His gaze has never been as dangerous as it was today. I had never seen him like this.

"Okay, class. Get back to your seats !" M.Banner announced as the second bell rang.

Suddenly, I felt a presence beside me. Edward's eyes looked at whoever came to us, with the same threatening eyes. It was only when I turned around that I realized it was Bella, who awkwadly stood in front of the table she would now, have to share with Edward.

"Oh, hey Bella." I said, faking a smile to her since the pain in my fingers started to be felt. "I'll let you get your seat, sorry."

The moment I tried to walk away, Edward grabbed my wrist. His hand was still covering half of his face, and his eyes that looked at me, had nothing human in him.

Right now, at this moment, I feared him.

Earlier, when his face only left a few centimenters between my neck and his teeth, my surprise quickly turned into confusion, since I trusted him not to hurt me, especially in front of so many witnesses. But not once, had I feared him like I did in this moment.