Chapter 19 - Questions

Aiyanna

The next morning, I woke up better than I did the rest of the week.

First of all, it was the last day before a weekend during which I hoped I'd rest as much as I could. And also because, the burden of the Cullen's secret was off of my shoulders. Although I had to keep it to myself, it wasn't that hard to do since I knew how to keep secrets. But at least, I believed that we were finally on the same wavelength.

While I was eating my breakfast after preparing myself for school, I suddenly heard a horn outside of my house. Frowning in confusion, I walked towards the window in our living-room only to see Edward's car parked outside.

I walked up to the front door, and opened it. "I didn't know you'd come. And you're early." I told Edward as he stepped out of his car.

"You didn't allow me to stay with you last night. The least I can do is to show up early." he answered.

I rolled my eyes. I stepped aside, and invited him to come in. My parents already went to work. I was the only one at home this morning.

Like last night, Edward appeared in front of me in less than a second which made me startle.

"The neighbors !" I scolded him.

His bright white teeth formed a proud smile on his face. "There was no one in sight."

I only sighed. I closed the door behind him and walked back in the kitchen to gulp down my orange juice.

"Do you want to eat something ?" I asked him. "Speaking of eating, I'm pretty sure my dad put garlic last night. How are you okay ?"

Edward's laugh lit up the room. "It's a legend. Garlic don't do us any harm."

So the garlic was a legend but not the vampires. Totally logical.

"I heard that." Edward reminded me. I scoffed. Of course he did. "Our diet only revolves around blood. We only eat food to look human. But we don't need to."

I raised my eyebrows. So technically they didn't need to go to the toilet. I saw Edward shake his hand with a smile of disbelief.

"Really ?!" I asked, genuinely curious.

I was getting more and more interested in knowing everything about them.

"Although I'd have no problem skipping school I don't think that's your case." Edward cut me off before I had the chance to ask him more questions. "We're going to be late."

"I'm going to interrogate you today." I warned him.

Last night after he left, I knew that there were answers that needed to be given to me. I made sure to write down all the questions I could think of in a notebook, hoping he'd answer all of them. It kind of reminded me of my mother. Didn't officers write down all the informations witness or suspects would give them in notebooks ? For today, Edward would have to be my suspect.

"I'm all yours." Edward accepted.

I cleaned the glass I poured my orange juice in and went upstairs to finish getting ready. When I walked downstairs, Edward looked up at me and watched me sit on the last stair to put on my shoes.

"Would you like to go out with me tomorrow ?" Edward asked me.

"Yeah, sure. Where ?"

"The forest."

His blunt answer had the power to make me laugh. I had never been asked to hang out in the forest before. Nobody with a right mind would do that except for camping or hiking, but I wasn't really fond of these kind of activities.