Chapter 31

It's if finally Monday morning. Sunday had gone by very slow. Or maybe it was the fact that I was anxious for it to be Monday, that it seemed like it went by slow to me.

School time went by so fast, when I least expected it, it was lunch time already and I still hadn't seen Shawn. As I'm eating lunch with Avianna and Nyla, I keep looking around hoping to see him, when Avianna notices.

"Hey Kendra? Are you good? What are you looking for?" She asks starting to look around.

"What? No nothing, just looking around." I say and continue to eat my food. She shrugs her shoulders ears her food as well.

After 6th period, I decide to take walk around the main patio. It was a sunny day and we were starting to feel the spring upon ourselves. I had my earphones on. Being alone, listening to my music, I don't know... it's therapeutic to me. I walk around for what seemed forever only for my eyes to meet the person I had been hoping to see all morning, standing but the building entrance. I walk up to him as I see he hasn't noticed me.

"Hey." I say and Shawn turns fast.

"Hey." He says back putting the gardening scissors down. "How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good," I reply. "I hadn't seen you all morning, thought you were maybe out sick or something." I mentally slap my self as soon as I'm done speaking. I sound like a stalker.

"No, I had been in the storage room all morning, fixing new supplies we received." Shawn says moving towards me.

"Oh." It's all I manage to let out, feeling extremely nervous.

"I was hoping to see you though," he says and I look up at him, trying my hardest to not smile. "To talk about our hang out, remember? I mean if you still want"

"Yeah, of course."

"Well when are you free?"

"Well let's see,  with the very busy and exhausting life I live here in the academy, any day." I say making him chuckle.

"How bout Saturday? I wouldn't want to keep you out late on a school night." He says.

Keep me out late? Hmm I wonder what his plans are.

"Saturday is perfect." I say and smile as he smiles as well. "Just one thing though, please don't tell anyone we are hanging out, I don't want them getting the wrong idea and I know the girls would not leave me alone."

"Yeah yeah, I won't say a thing. Don't worry." He agrees right away.

"So do I pick you up at 5?"

"I can Uber."

"Not happening. I'll be here at 5." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Fine. But wait for me at the corner at least." I add and he smiles.

"I gotta go now. I have study session with my math tutor in a bit. I'll see you around."

"See ya." He replies and I turn to walk back to the building putting my earphones back on.

I go to my locker to grab my book before heading to the library. As I'm going through it, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around fast, and I am met with a pretty girl with black hair and dark brown eyes that look almost black.

"Hi." She says. "I'm Chelsea."

"Oh hi." I say taking off both of my earphones. "I'm Kendra."

"I know who you are, the English girl. We have biology together."

"Oh sorry, I don't think I've ever notic-"

"How you liking the academy?" She asks cutting me off.