Chapter 38

I open my eyes and my head is pounding. I feel just like I did when I got hungover some months ago, but this time without the alcohol. I see Nyla and Avianna sitting on Avianna's bed whispering something to each other. Avianna sees me getting up and she rushes towards me.

"Kendra, how are you feeling?" She asks concerned.

"I'm good, I just have a horrible headache." I say touching my head hoping the contact would make it stop.

"Must be dehydration, you cried so much last night I wouldn't be surprised if you had no water left in you." Nyla says giving me a cup of water. "Here, drink this." I take the cup from her and drink it as if I hadn't drink anything in days.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's past 10am," Avianna answers. "You missed breakfast so we got you these." She says passing me the tray with a sandwich and apple juice on it. I take it from her and smile. I reach out for my phone and see it's nowhere to be found.

"Ah here," Nyla says. "It kept ringing all night until it died, so I put it to charge." She adds as she passes it to me. I check and I have over 10 missed calls from my dad and some more from a number with local area code, most likely it's miss Sydney's number. "Your dad came looking for you but you had fallen asleep already, hours later miss Sydney came to look for you too. Kendra i didn't want to insist last night, but are you sure nothing bad happened to you?" Nyla asks and I can really see concert on both of their faces. I have to tell them, I have to tell someone before I go mad.

"Umm I-," I stutter. "I had already told you girls about my mum right." I ask and they both nod. "Well I found her." I say and they gasp. I clear my throat and blink fast to fight the tears forming in my eyes. "My mum is miss Sydney."

"What the fuck?" They both say together and turn to face each other.

"Yeah so now I don't know what I'm going to do, how am I going to stay in the academy knowing who she is. I- I.." I'm not able to finish my sentence.

"I am honestly not surprised. You guys are almost identical, it was impossible you weren't related." Avianna says earning her arm getting smack by Nyla. "Ouch."

"How do you feel with this whole situation?" Nyla asks grabbing my hand.

"I don't know how to feel. I'm upset because my dad knew who she was since he picked me up and didn't say a thing. I'm mad at her for thinking she can come in to my life and act like nothing happened, like she didn't miss my entire."

"Well what did she tell you? Why didn't she look for you before?" Avianna asks.

"I don't know, I didn't let her talk. And honestly I don't care. What is she going to tell me that I don't know already? She didn't want me, she left. That's it." I say getting up and walking to the restroom.

After my morning routine and eating the sandwich they brought me, I decide to walk around campus to clear my mind. I have to decide, what am I going to do now? How can I stay here knowing my egg donor is the principal and owner of the academy? I can't. I don't want to see her nor I want to be near her. But I don't want to leave the academy either. Ugh must she always make my life miserable? I couldn't have a family because of her, now I have to leave my friends and studies because of her too. And where would I go now? Back home to my dad who keeps things from me? Who took her side? Why must i always have to run away to find just a little bit of happiness? When I come back from my thoughts, I realize I'm in the main patio close to the fountain. I walk towards it and take a sit to rest with tears rolling down my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV:

It's Monday and I'm back at work even though it's still spring break. This job gives the first week of break off and the second I come back to get ready for the following Monday when classes start again. I have been working all morning on the back are of the school doing some gardening work.