Chapter 19

After letting the tall boy know what I need, he walks me to a different isle in the store where I find all kinds of lamps.

"Thank you." I say and turn to the lamps

"You're welcome miss England."

"How do you know I'm from England?" I say as he's walking away.

"The accent" He says stopping and turning to see me.

"What if I'm from somewhere else? Like i don't know Australia?"

"You'd have a different accent."

I lift my eyebrows at him as i realize how dumb my question was, and he adds. "My mom is English ok I identify the accent."

I stand there unable to say something else as he turns around and walk away, but not without calling me "Miss England" again. I shake my head to ignore his comment and continue looking for a lamp.

After a few rounds around Target I'm ready to leave with a full cart. As I'm making my way to the cashier i hit something with my car. I look down to the side and see feet.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I say moving from behind my cart to see the tall boy caressing his foot. Shawn was his name?

"Not you again."

"Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you not see where you're going? You know it's something us humans do to not harm others."

"It was an accident I already said sorry." I whine back.

"Sure" he snaps back still caressing his foot.

"Well, excuse me?" I say grabbing my cart again.

"God." He grunts rolling his eyes and moving out of my way.

I pass by him sarcastically thanking him. I can see the annoyance on his face when I smile at him. I keep walking towards check out to get ready to go back to campus.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After hours shopping, having dinner and of fixing up my side of the room, im now setting up the last decorations when I hear the door open. My head pops fast towards the door and I see walk in a girl I assume is my roommate. She has mid back length blonde hair with blue eyes and what seemed to me the most perfect dark brown eyebrows. Her short and thin figure walks in closing the door without noticing me. She then turns and when she sees me standing by my bed she gets scared.

"Oh goodness." She says placing a hand on her chest. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"No what?" She laughs. "It was my fault I was distracted, but hi my name is Avianna, your roommate." She says as she stretches her hand for me to shake.

"Hi I'm Kendra."

"Ooh British." She says and I blush.

"Well welcome to S&C," she says jumping on a bed i guess is hers. "I hope you feel comfortable here. It's 2 of us, me and Nyla but I don't think she'll come back until tomorrow morning." She says looking toward the bed next to her and then back towards me.

"Thank you I'm very excited to be here."

"You're from England right?"

"Yes I am. London to be exact." I smile thinking about home.

"Then sorry for asking but why are you here? You lived in everyone's dream city, why would you come to Toronto?" She laughs and I gulp.

"It's a long story." I say looking down to my hands, playing with my fingers.