Chapter 42

"Was this the right choice? Did i rush things? What if this is a mistake? What if he breaks my heart too? What am i really doing" these are the questions that have been in my head lately. For the last couple of weeks, Shawn and I have been secretly seeing each other.  It hasn't been easy, to trust, it's been difficult. Especially when your boyfriend is the only man in an all girls school, worse yet, when he looks the way Shawn looks and is the way Shawn is.

After class today, I make my way to the storage room before going to my study session. I do this daily, nobody checks on him at that time of the day and everyone else is enjoying being off from class to be wandering around the halls. I arrive to the end of the hall and see the storage room with the door open. I rush in to the room with the biggest smile ever expecting to see my boy waiting for me as always, instead I find him with some company.

"Sorry, I dropped my juice in the room I came to look a mop." I say quickly. "I should just use napkins, I didn't meant to interrupt."

"No Kendra wait, don't leave." Shawn says walking towards me.

"Yes girl don't leave, come get the mop or whatever you need. You don't want your floor sticky right?" Chelsea adds with a fake smile. "Well handsome, I have things to do but I'll see you around," she says reaching to touch his face as Shawn moves back quickly. "Bye Shawnie, see you around Kendra." She says before exiting the room and the door closes behind her.

"Handsome? Shawnie?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Kendra.. ."

"Why was she here?" I ask and he looks around the room. "Why was she here Shawn? Wait, never mind don't tell me I don't want to know." I say starting to walk away.

"Wait," he says grabbing by the arm. "What?"

"I said I don't want to know why she was here. Be here alone with her or with anyone from the academy I don't care." I say pulling my arm hard getting off his grip.

"Come on Kendra, wait." He says grabbing me again.

"Let me go." I say pulling my arm again before exiting the room.

When I arrive to my room I feel hot from how upset I am. I shut the door hard making both of my roommates snap their heads at me.

"Kendra! What's wrong?" Avianna asks concerned.

"I went to the storage room and there was Shawn and Chelsea having the time of their lives." I say.

"Okay but why does that bother you?" Avianna asks again.

I stop for a moment and realized I never told them anything. I sigh as they look at me confused.

"Ok come." I say sitting on my bed and they join me. "Shawn and I have been secretly dating for a while." I say and they both gasp. I am glad they are surprised because that means if they haven't noticed, no one else has noticed either.

"No way! Tell us everything." Avianna say excited. I smile at her excitement and tell them how things happened.

"... and I go there like every day and Chelsea is there? I got so upset and left." I finally say.

"Well yeah I would be mad too." Avianna agrees with me.

"And what did Shawn say?" Nyla asks.

"Nothing, I didn't let him say anything." I say and she rolls her eyes at me.

"What?"

"Kendra, how are you going to know why she was there if you didn't let the boy talk?"

"Because I don't care." I lie.