Chapter 44

Mondays normally drag, it's a thing. But today, this Monday, felt like an eternity. School work, preparations for finals and graduation is getting to me. This weekend I spent it getting ready to spend hours and hours in the library getting ready for after school study sessions. I want to graduate with good grades, I want to make my parents proud and I really want to get in to NYU event though, if I do, what would happen to my relationship with Shawn?

"Nothing you silly." I answer myself loudly as I'm walking on the school hallway.

"What was that cutie?" I hear a voice say and I turn around to see Shawn standing by the staircase.

"It was nothing." I say and smile at him.

"Hard day?" He asks.

"Is it noticeable?" I ask. I can tell he's lifting his hand with the intention of touching my face but stops himself halfway.

"Kendra." I hear another voice and I start getting immediately nervous. I see Shawn does too.

"Mum." I smiled at her when she arrives with us.

"Hi honey," she says hugging me. "Hello Shawn."

"Hi miss Sydney."

"Good." I say quickly. "I have to go I have class right now and then study session." I add wanting to leave from this awkward situation I'm in right now.

"Yeah honey I don't want you to-" my mum starts saying when a voice that I annoyingly know we'll cuts her off.

"Miss Sidney, oh miss Sidney I finally found you."

"Everything all right Chelsea?" Mum asks. I can see Shawn is looking for an excuse to leave, and I don't blame him.

"Yes everything fine, everything is great actually. I received a call from the place I put in the request to find the backdrop i wanted for prom and they said they found it. I have to go pick it up right now."

"Right now?"

"I have PE next Miss and I couldn't have a better grade in there. I spoke to Mr. Richards and he said it was fine if I missed the class. Please miss Sidney, otherwise they might sale it." She begs.

I really hope my mum says no. It sounds fucked up, I know. But after what she did to me on Friday at the bar, I would be glad if something goes wrong for her, like this for example, her not getting her lovely backdrop.

"Okay fine, but please try to make it back to class." My mum says and I give her a really look which she totally didn't catch.

"Thank you miss Sidney," Chelsea says and looks at me with a smirk." Another thing," she adds. "I am going to need help with the backdrop, it's lots of parts and they're big and heavy, I might not be able to load it and unload it on my own. I need help, from a man if possible." She says.

Oh no, oh no! I know where this is going.

"You're right," my mum agrees. "Shawn would you be able to go with Chelsea to help her?"

"What!?" Shawn and I ask at the same time.

"You can take the academy's vehicle, I'm sure if will fit there if you put all the seats down."

My head snaps towards Shawn, who is now red and struggling to form a sentence.

"Miss Sydney, I- I'm," he looks at me. "Uh, work, I'm-"

"Don't worry about your chores, you can finish them when you come back or tomorrow. It'll be fine."

I look at Shawn and he looks at me. I'm sure he can read my eyes. The "do not do it" and my annoyed face must be loud.