Chapter 27

At the end of the fight I was still trying to proceed the whole event. Shawn was right, he was good fighter. Even though the other fighter got him a couple of times, it doesn't even look like he did. I don't know why I worried when he got hit. The other player looked like a rude person, I mean we all saw Shawn tried to shake his hand and he ignored him. But at the end of the day Shawn took the win and it made me happy. For some odd reason every time he got punched I wanted to run to the ring, make sure he was ok, and then punch the other fighter myself. I don't know why if I can stand the man, I should be glad he was getting punched but instead I was worried.

After the fight I went to the restroom, I didn't want to go during the fight and miss a thing, but now that im out I can't find the girls. I'm standing by the food court looking around trying to spot either Avianna or Nyla when I hear a man'a voice behind me.

"Hey."

I turn to be meet by a tall man with black hair and hazel eyes, the other fighter.

"Hi." I respond.

"Looking for someone?"

"Yes I'm looking for my friends"

"Ooh British." He says imitating my accent.

I fake smile at him to hide my annoyance. "Yes British." I repeat and look around me.

"Nice." He says looking me up and down making me uncomfortable.

"Well my friends don't seem to be here so I'm going to leave, bye." I say and attempt to pass by him.

"Wait," he says standing in front of me. "Why so fast? If you can't find your friends, I can be your friend." He says stepping closer to me as I step back.

I nervously laugh. "What a kind offer but it's not really necessary."

"Why?" He says and tries to touch my face and my instinct is to turn my face away. "You don't want to be my friend?" He says going for my hair removing it from my face.

"Hey." I hear a voice that brings relief to my body. "You ready?" Shawn says walking up to me.

"Uh yeah." I say confused but glad he's here. Neto has an annoyed face.

"Neto, I see you've met my friend Kendra." Shawn says putting his arm around my shoulders taking me by surprise.

"Kendra, what a beautiful name for a beautiful lady." Neto says not moving his eyes from me. I turn to Shawn uncomfortable and he clenches his jaw at Neto's comment.

"Okay we we better get going. Let's go Kendra." Shawn says as he goes for my hand and holds it to pull me. The moment his hand touched mine, I felt a sensation of electricity run through my entire body making me feel butterflies in my stomach. Why am I feeling this? It must be the relief of knowing he's taking me away from this situation.

"Interesting fight today don't you think Shawn?" Neto says once we have passed him.

"Yeah, good fight." Shawn says turning around after his words stopped us.

"I want a rematch." Neto says waking to towards Shawn.

"Any time." Shaw says back.

"Maybe this time we can bet your little friend Kendra." Neto says turning to me and I feel a Shawn squish my hand he's holding with his and my eyes are wide open.

"What did you just say?" Shawn asks and with his free hand pushes Neto back who just laughs as he stumbles back.

"Woah Shawn let's go." I say pulling his hand. "Come on let's go. He's not worth it."

"We'll see each other again." Neto says to Shawn.

"Anytime, anytime." He said pointing at him while I attempted to drag him away.

I get him to walk and once he knows Neto can't see us he lets go of my hand, making it feel empty without his.

"Asshole" Shawn says still upset. "How dare he say some shit like that? You're not a fucking property."

"Shawn really let it go. Don't pay him any attention, he's not worth it." I say trying to calm him.

"I should go back and make him choke on his words."

"I think you already did, you beat him up good during the fight." I say and he smiles.

"You think?" I nod. "Well what did you think of it?"

"It was fun. Well I didn't understand much, Nyla explained things as they were happening but I mean I guess you are good." I chuckle.

"I told you I was."

"Alright don't get cocky right now. I'm finally tolerating having a conversation with you." I say and we laugh.

"Well I'm glad you had fun and like how I fight." He says smiling making me blush. Why am I getting nervous?

"Sure, and umm thank you for defending me from Neto." I say and walk towards him standing on my tippy toes and give him a kiss on his cheek. He smiles at me and looks towards the floor while I look around really wanting the earth to open up and eat me. Why the hell did I do that?

"Want to give me a proper thank you?" He says making me face him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Of this." He says getting closer to me not breaking eye contact. I am frozen. I can't move, I can't think, I cant concentrate on anything other than the beating of my heart that really wants to pop out my chest. Slowly, he reaches for my face, and me not moving away gives him invitation to touch me. He slowly caresses my face with his thumb making me eyes in relaxation when I feel his touch. His hand on my skin, a feeling I want to always feel. I open my eyes again to find Shawn looking down on me, as close as he could possibly be from me. He stars leaning in to me. I see him close his eyes and I do too, preparing to feel the sensation of having his lips on mine in a matter of seconds.

Shawn's POV:
As I'm leaning in closer to Kendra, I can't believe she's letting me do this. I close me eyes ready to close the distance between us when I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey Shawn." Brian says appearing out of nowhere making Kendra step back and away from me.

I shut my eyes hard at the disappointing of him interrupting. "Yes Brian?" I turn to face him.

"Sorry bro we are just waiting for you to leave. Kendra your friends are looking for you too."

"Yeah thanks Brian. I better go." She tells me with some puppy eyes that make my legs weak. Ugh she's so beautiful. "Thank you again." She says before walking away.

I walk towards Brian who's beaming at me. "What happened here?"

"Nothing buddy, Nothing happened and that's thanks to you." I say patting his shoulder.

I get into the car and state out the window thinking. Of I don't like Kendra, because I really don't, I mean I'm attracted to her physically i would have to be blind to not be, but that's it. And if she doesn't like me either, why what happened earlier happened? I smile at the thought. I now more than ever, want to see her again.