Chapter 3

The rest of the week went by pretty fast.

I went to school, spent most of the time with my friends and boyfriend after school, but I was counting down the days to see my dad again.

You see, my dad is all I have. He is truly my hero and after finding out what happened with my mum, I admired and appreciated him more.

It is finally Friday and I am having lunch with Tom outside of campus. We have a tradition of going out for lunch every Friday.

Today we came to this new place Tom wanted to try.

As we are eating, I catch Tom staring at me.

"What? Do i have something on my face? I ask cleaning my face.

"No, you just happen to have the most beautiful face ever, that's all."

I laugh and reach out to kiss his cheek.

"This is actually pretty good." I say as I bite into my tri tip sandwich.

"I know right? My new favorite place."

"So do you have any plans for today?"

"Yes princess, remember I told you Harrison and some friends are having a get together?"

"That's right. i remember you told me."

I must have a sad expression because he automatically adds.

"I can totally cancel them if you want and we can hang? I can-"

"No baby, you go have fun with your friends. My dad comes back home tonight and I want to spend some time with him."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Alright then." Tom reaches out and kisses my forehead.

Aww.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Nora dad is almost here." I yell to the kitchen from upstairs.

"I know Kenny, almost done."

Nora and I are preparing a special dinner to welcome dad back.

And Kenny, well that's a very special nickname giving to me by my dad. Only him and Nora can call me like that, I wouldn't allow anyone else to do so, it wouldn't be special anymore.

I walk to the kitchen and jump to a stool next to Nora.

"So honey, you never told me what your dad told you about your mum."

She says as she continues cutting red peppers.

"Not much just the truth."

"No really?"

I laugh at Nora's sarcasm.

I really love her.

"Well he didn't tell me much, just that she left us because she couldn't handle the responsibility of being a mother."

Nora stops  chopping and turns to me.

"He told you dad?"

"Yeah, and you know at first I was upset at her but now I feel bad for her. I learned in one of my classes the changes and all the struggles a woman goes through while pregnant, and it's insane, so I guess you can say I understand. Of course it doesn't mean I forget or forgive the fact that she left me."

I stop and Nora is lost in space.

"Ay Nora, you alright?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine."