Chapter 43

Days have passed since that one night i went to my my mum for help. And as she promised, she helped me find a therapist. I started therapy with Dr. Brown the next day, and I can tell it has helped me. Being able to talk and cry to someone without feeling like I'm going to be judge, made me feel a relief and allowed to fully open emotionally as I hadn't in a while. Helped me understand many feelings I was feeling and not admitting like some resentment towards my mum for not being there for me growing up and anger towards Tom for hurting me, but it has also helped me, little by little, to forgive.

Today school went by fast. We are towards the end of the semester so classes are getting shorter but studying is getting longer. I'm in my locker grabbing the notebooks I need to study this weekend when I fee someone approach me by the side. Before I fully turn, I'm able to see Chelsea staying next to me.

"Hi Kendrita." She says.

"Chelsea." I nod and smile.

"How are you?"

"Good, and you?"

"I'm great. As you know school is almost over so I'm very busy with senior class president things you know, but doing great."

"That's good to hear." I say.

"So, I have to ask." She says and I know where this is going. "What do you think of Shawn?

"Well he's a polite guy, I don't know." I lie.

"Really? Because I've seen you a few talking to him around campus."

"Yeah well, he says hi but that's about it."

"I've also heard you're seen at his fights. Does he invite you?" She insists.

"Avianna gets invited and I go with her."

"Hmm." She raises her eyebrows. "Let's cut the bullshit Kendra, do you have a thing with Shawn?"

"What? What are you talking about Chelsea? Weren't you the one who told me to stay away from him?" I question.

"Yes, and I also know you told him what I said so that means you must be close to each other. You go to all his fights, he talks to you here all the time. You can't fool me." She argues.

"I really don't know what you're talking about."

"Fine." She says defeated. "Play dumb, just know you're breaking the rules and being the daughter of the principal does not save you from punishment."

"Hmm, earlier you said Shawn told you what I told him, therefore you know I'm aware of what happened between you two, so who actually broke the rules here?" I ask and her eyes open widely. "Careful Chelsea, being the senior class president doesn't save from punishment." I say as I lock my locker door and wave her goodbye.

I go to the storage room as always to spend a little bit of time with Shawn before going to therapy. He has been so supportive throughout the whole thing, I couldn't be any more thankful.

"Helloooo." I say walking in.

"Hey." He says as I run to hug him and kiss him. "How was school?"

"Ugh stressful. Final exams start in a week I have so much studying to do." I complain.

"Mmm you're almost done though, you got this." He says to encourage me.

"I had a little talk with Chelsea today." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"About?" He asks annoyed.

"You."

"What?"

"Yeah, she asked me what I thought about you."