Chapter 4

Tom pulls up to my house's front gate and parks his car.

I am now wearing his hoodie and he's only wearing a white tee.

"Thank you for bringing me." I break the silence.

"Anytime princess."

"I'm sorry for ruining your night and pulling you out of your friend's house." I say facing my hands.

"Don't say that, you are more important to me than any party or anybody else for that matter." Tom says turning to me.

I laugh and reach out to kiss him.

Tom and I have been dating for 3 years and I still feel butterflies in my belly when he kisses me. There's just something about the way he does it. He pours passion on each kiss, yet it's gentle when he caresses my face or touches me.

I can feel Tom move more towards me as his hands start to look for my body leaving my face. The kiss went from a slow "goodbye" kiss to a full on passionate make out.

Tom pulls me over and I'm now sitting on his lap, his mouth never leaving mine.

I need to stop, I need to stop before it's too late.

I slowly push back and we stop kissing.

"I'm sorry.." Tom apologizes looking down.

"No baby I'm sorry, I'm just not ready yet, especially right now with everything going on with my dad and stuff." I say as I jump back to my seat.

"No no no love don't apologize. I know and I understand, and I'm going to wait for you till you're ready. It's a big step and I want you to be sure and comfortable."

I smile. How did I get so lucky?

"Ok I gotta go now, i have to talk to my dad. I love you."

"I love you more. Call me after yeah?"

"Yeah" I say blowing him a kiss.

Tom waits until I walk inside my house to leave.

As soon as I enter, i see my dad is sitting in the main living room.

"Kenny!" He gets up and hugs me.  "I was so worried." He adds.

"I'm okay, I was with Tom, you know that."

"Yes, yes I know." He says letting me go.

"Dad I'm sorry but I need an explanation."

I'm wasting no time.

"I know and I will answer any question you have, it was stupid of me not being completely honest with you since the beginning."

"Why did you lie?" I ask and sit down in a white chair.

"Oh honey," he says as he sits in the sofa in front of me. "I thought I was doing what's best for you."

"Lying?"

"Keeping you from the truth."

"Why?"

"Kendra it's hard to think back to what happened. I knew your mother left us for another man, it was on her letter. I felt like such a fool. I felt like I failed her which is why she had to look for whatever it is i wasn't giving to her, in someone else," he takes a big breath before continuing." And I failed you by not being able to give you the family you deserved."

"Were you guys not together anymore?"

My dad takes a sip of the whiskey he has in his hand and plays with the cup.