Chapter 40

Break is officially over and school starts again and it's time for me to face some realities.

On Saturday at the wedding, Shawn performed a beautiful song that I believed is for me. When he explained who he wrote it to, he had his eyes on me, and when I heard the song, it all clicked in. I had multiple times said I'm not ready for a relationship and he pretty much said he would wait for me? After the song I had to leave the party. Feeling so confused and having him close, I don't know what could've happen.

Classes started and I believe miss Sydney is still not back since miss Cynthia gave the morning announcements today. I'm not sure if it is because it's the first day back or because I was looking forward classes being over that my day went by super slow. We go back to my room and set my school things on my bed.

"Hey Avianna, is Ray coming today?" I ask.

"Yes, I checked the study sessions schedule and he'll be here, same place same time." She says.

I check my phone and see I still have some time. "Okay, I'll see you later then." I say walking towards the door.

"Wait Kendra where are you going?" She yells when I'm out the room.

"I gotta do something, I'll see you at study session." I yell back not sure if she heard me.

I'm not sure where to find him, he's not at the cafeteria, not on the front patio nor the back yard. What if he left already? There's only one place left to check before I give up. I walk towards the school's storage room, I see the door open and hear some noise inside, he must be here. I stop at the door and he comes to sight, in the middle in the room in his grey overalls fixing what seems to be new cleaning supplies. He hasn't notice me and it gives me some time to admire him. He has his earphones on, his curls are all over the place, his cheeks are read from probably the heat that is doing today. He finally looks my way and removes his earphones quick.

"Kendra, hi." He says putting them away.

"Hey." Is all I manage to say.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. Looked all over campus, figured I'll find you here." I chuckle.

"Oh what happened? Do you need anything?"

"Yeah," I say getting closer to him. "I need to know if the song you performed on Saturday you wrote it for me?" I ask and he looks at me with wide eyes before looking down and slightly nodding his head yes.

I give a step closer to him and place my hand on his face. "It's a beautiful song Shawn, thank you." I say and he looks me up surprised.

"You really liked it?" He asks and I nod. "About time I do something right." He adds.

"What do you mean?" I question.

He sighs. "I always seem to fuck up with you, I go and drunkenly confess my feelings for you when you clearly have said multiple times you don't want anything with anyone, then I see you crying obviously upset about something and I go and kiss you making it worse, and then I have the great idea of dedicating you a song and you left so I thought you didn't like it.. I've been doing everything wrong with you and just-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He seems surprised at first but kisses me back instantly putting his arms around me pulling me closer. And there they are, there are the butterflies he makes me feel. We break the kiss and the places his forehead with mine for a second.

"You didn't fuck anything up," I say moving back to face him. "It was me, I kept running away from any demonstration of affection you gave me because I was afraid of what I was feeling for you. All I know how to do is run, run away from everything. But I don't want to do that anymore, just like you did 2 weeks ago, I stand here to tell you that I like you too Shawn." I say and he smiles widely before leaning  in for another kiss. Maybe this is wrong, maybe this is right, I don't know. All I know it's that it feels good. We stop the kiss and shawn grabs my hand and walks me to some buckets to take a seat.