Chapter 21

The week went by so fast. I cant believe it is Friday already. My first week at the academy couldn't have gone better. School is different than back home but I was able to manage. I got to know more about my roommates, for example I now know Avianna is into fashion, loves pasta and the color Orange. On the other hand, Nyla is into sports, loves hotdogs and is a little bit private. Regardless of their personal preferences, they are both caring and extremely kind. I have grown fond of them.

I've also been in contact with my dad and Nora back at home. I try to cal him everyday but if I can't I just text him. Same with Everly, I try to keep in contact with her. I don't want her thinking that because I left home, I also left her because that will never be the case. Especially now that I know she doesn't count with Paige's friendship.

Paige. Thinking of her makes my heart ache. I'm still in disbelief of what happened. I shake my head trying to ignore those thought as I'm walking towards our room. As soon as I walk in I see Avianna hanging up the phone and squeezing.

"We out!" She high fives Nyla.

I look at them confused and she turns to see me.

"And you're coming with us." She smiles.

"What? Where?"

"Tonight, to the races"

I raise my eyebrows at her complete confused. Races?

"We know of people that know of people who get together some Fridays and they race for money." Nyla says.

"Yes it's so much fun, we are going tonight. You should come, you'll get to see how night life is here in Toronto." Avianna says and winks at me.

"Mm sure." I smile at them.

I grab my phone to call dad and have him send an email signing my permission to go out.

"Honey?" He answers on the second ring.

"Hi dad." I smile at the sound of his voice. "How are you?"

"Oh honey just resting after a long day. How bout you? How's school?"

"Everything is fine dad. But hey I was calling to see if you could maybe send an email or call to grant me permission to go out later on with my roommates?"

"Oh yes of course I will do that. I want you to go out and have fun ok? I miss you"

"Ok" I chuckle. "I miss you too." A lot.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Avianna hurry it's almost 8:30." Nyla yells out rushing Avianna who was taking an eternity in the restroom.

She walks and sits next to me in my bed facing the bathroom as we waited.

"She always takes this long?" I say ask she exits the bathroom.

"Yes, when she's going to see Brian."

"Who's Brian?"

"Shawn's best friend and Avinna's crush even though she doesn't want to admit it."

"He is not my crush! He's just a friend." She says back.

"Shawn's going to be there?" I ignore the conversation about Brian.

"Yeah." Nyla says getting up to grab her bag.

"Ughhhh...."

"Oh Kendra please let's go. I know you despise the guy but I promise you it will be fun. Pleaseeee?" Avianna says putting her hands together.