Chapter 28

Back at the Academy, as we are ready to go to sleep, I think back on what happened today. Shawn almost kissed me. But why? We don't get along, we are not even friends let alone something else. I am sure he did it to bother me. But in all honesty, whatever his motives where, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I really wanted to talk to Everly about this. My entire life I have always told her things that happened to me, and even if this is not a big thing I still want to share it with her. Truth is, that even though I've learned to appreciate these girls, I'm having issues trusting them, trusting anyone actually. But I really need to talk to someone about this or I will explode.

"Girls." I say sitting up on my bed as Nyla looks up from her book and Avianna is exiting the bathroom.

"Yeah?" Nyla answers.

"I have to tell you something that happened after the fight." I say and they nod as they sit up to pay attention.

"Well remember how I told you the Neto guy, the other fighter went up to me and started making comments that were making me quite uncomfortable?" I ask and see they are truly paying attention. "Well what I didn't tell you was that Shawn saved me from him." I say and bite my lip as I see Avianna smile widely.

"Whaaat? What did he do!? Tell us! With details eh" She says excited.

"Okay fine." I say smiling. I let them know about Shawn putting his arms around me and holding my hand, how he pushed Neto after he wanted to bet me, and how upset he was about his comment.

"Aww he defended you, how sweet." Avianna says.

"He had defended me once already from Tom, he told me he would do it for anyone so yeah not so sweet."

"Lord. Either he likes you or he likes acting like a hero."

"Avianna is right. I think he's on to you."

"Welllll..." I say and Avianna's eyes widens. Why is she so excited? "He almost kissed me." I add and their mouths drop.

"What the fuck? How? When? Tell me everything right now!" Avianna says jumping to my bed.

"There's not much to tell I gave him a kiss on his cheek thanking him and then he said to give him a proper thank you and yeah that's it." I say and they lift up their eyebrows. "We didn't kiss, Brian interrupted us."

"Dammit Brian," Avianna says walking back to her bed. "I was right though. He likes you."

"No I think he just wanted to bother me." I say convinced. He doesn't like me. We don't like each other. "What you think Nyla?"

"Well I want to believe he does like you because he be looking at you some kind of way, but at the same time yeah maybe he really just want to do it to I don't know intimidate you or something."

"Exactly! he wanted, to bother me. But I won't let him. Anyways goodnight." I say before getting myself under the blankets not wanting to talk about it anymore, ready to sleep with the memory of Shawn centimeters away from my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I don't understand why we have to be up so early." I say as we walk to the performing arts center of the school on Monday morning.

"I'm telling you miss Sydney is back and she always gives a welcome speech even though we've been in school for more than a month now." Avianna says

"Who is this lady again?"

"Sydney Colins. Founder of the academy and the principal." Nyla adds. "She was then joined by Miss Cynthia Smith. That's why the academy's name is S&C Girls Academy, it's both of their initials."