Chapter 30

"Kendra pleaseeee." Avianna says as we walk in our dorm after lunch.

"Avianna how can I say yes if you haven't told me where you want me to accompany you?"

"Just say yes and I'll tell you. Please?"

"Okay fine" I finally give in after having her behind me all morning.

She squeaks and runs to hug me, we both sit on my bed.

"Okay," she starts putting her blonde hair behind her ear. "So Brian asked me on a date, but we are still getting to know each other so I want you to come with me."

"You want me to go to your date?" I ask confused and she nods. "That's absurd what am I going to-"

"He's taking a friend." She interrupts me and I raise my eyebrows at her. It better not be the friend I'm thinking about. "He's taking Shawn."

"Shawn? Ooohhhh.." I say getting up. "I am not going on a date with Shawn. Take Nyla with you."

"It's not a date for you. You guys are just going to accompany us, kinda like a chaperone. You know Nyla can't come, it's her moms birthday. Please Kendra please."

I look at her pleading face and something overcomes me where I just close my eyes and agree to go with her. She starts jumping on her spot of happiness.

"Does he know though? That I'm going?"

"Yes and he's totally cool with it."

"Hmm" I say surprised. I can't believe he agreed to go on a non date with me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After another successful fight, where Shawn managed to KO the other fighter, we are waiting for him and Brian at the entrance. Avianna keeps pacing up and down very nervous. I understand her, I'm not the one going on a date with the boy she likes and I'm feeling nervous too. From far we see Brian and Shawn walking up to us. They seem to be arguing about something because Shawn seemed annoyed.

"Hi." Brian says as he reaches to us.

"Hi." Avianna says beaming at Brian and gives him a quick hug and I wave at him.

"You girls ready?" He asks and we nod. "Ok let's go." He says giving Avianna his arm so she can hook hers in it. How cute. Shawn is still on the back and hasn't said a thing. I walk up to him trying to be nice, if we are going to spend all evening with together, I'm going to try to make it the least miserable possible.

"Hi," I say and he looks up from the floor and lifts his eyebrows at me and looks away. "Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just here for Brian, I didn't know you were coming. I wouldn't have come." He says calmly.

I feel anger rising inside me. Did he really just say that. "Oh really?" I say holding back the tears. "Well I don't want to be here with you either, i have no reason to put up with you, so I'm just going to tell Avianna I have-" I say starting to turn to tel my friend I'm leaving when he stops me.

"No Kendra wait," he says. "I'm sorry, look I sometimes say stupid shit ok? Let's just attempt to get along for tonight, for our friends." He says and reaches his hand out for me to shake. I look at it, turn to see him, nod, and walk away.

The car ride is awkward for me and Shawn who sat in the back on Brian's car in silence while Brian and Avianna had an active communication. They would try to involve us and we would only talk if they asked us a question. Brian had already planned what to do and he wanted to watch a scary movie that had just come out. I don't know how to really feel about scary movies, I'm not a very big fan of them. When I watch one I cover my eyes for 80% of the movie and actually watch the other 20%. I would also be with, well he, who shall not be named, and he would always hug me and reassure me it was all fake. All of this after he already laughed at me of course.