Chapter 34

Shawn's POV:

It had been now a couple of weeks since Kendra and I talked. I hadn't had the chance to hang out with her again. I would see her sometimes when she was walking to class after lunch as i picked up the trash from the cafeteria and she would always gift me a smile and a little wave. I had been missing her walks before her study sessions since since there was no fights nor races at the moment and I picked some extra shifts at target.

Today though, as I'm cleaning the windows of the library, I feel a tap on my back. I turn quick just to find Kendra standing behind me.

"Hi" she says smiling. How pretty she looks.

"Hi." I say back.

"How you've been? We haven't talked in quite some time now."

"Good, just working. How bout you?" I ask her.

"Good as well, just studying." She says and points to the library.

"It's lunch time, you're not going to eat?"

"I had Nyla get me some food, I have lots of homework and I have to get started so I don't have to worry about this tomorrow. Are you going?"

"Yeah I am." I say and she smiles widely.

"Great! Can't wait." She says. We keep eye contact for a couple of seconds before she looked away.

"I- I better get going. See you tomorrow Shawn." She said and walk in the library.

"Kendra!" I say loud but not loud enough to get the librarian mad. Kendra turns around and walks closer to me. "You look pretty today." I nervously say.

She smiles and looks to the floor as she puts a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "Thank you." She says looking up at me again and walking away.

God damn what was that? And why am I so nervous? My hands as sweaty and I feel red. What's going on? I shake my head to shake these thoughts away when another "hi" makes me turn again. This time, it was Chelsea.

"Missed me?" She says with a smirk making me roll my eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, just wanted to say hi to an old friend."

"We are no friends."

"You right, we were more than friends." She says attempting to get closer to my ear as i move away. Thank god for my height. From inside the library, I can see Kendra has her eyes on us and doesn't look away. Chelsea notices her too.

"You found my replacement already?"

"What?"

"Yeah, you messing with her now?"

"No I'm not and quit spreading lies about me. Kendra told me what you told her, what's the fucking point of that?" I say and she just laughs. "I'm serious Chels, I don't want you talking shit about me to Kendra."

"Ahhh," she says stepping back. "You like her." She adds making me snap my head towards her.

"No I don't."

"Yeah sure."

"Shut up and leave me alone." I snap and turn back to cleaning the window.

"I miss you." She says getting closer to me and placing a hand on my arm. I ignore her and she rubs my arm a couple of times before leaving. I look up and see Kendra is still looking my way, she then quickly looks back to her book when she notices me looking. Chelsea is tripping, I don't like Kendra. I mean she's a great girl, but we are friends, just friends.