Chapter 25

I get back to my room and lean against the door as I close it. Nyla is on her bed reading and looks up to me as Avianna comes out of the restroom.

"Hey you ok?" Avianna asks and my eyes get watery again.

"Aww no what's wrong?" She asks as she rushes to hug me. We sit on my bed and I tell them everything. About how I had crushed on Tom since I was eight but officially started dating when I was 15 because i was not allowed to date before that age, how I considered Paige a sister, and how Tom cheated on me with her. By the time I was done talking Nyla was caressing my back and Avianna was walking back and forth going off about Tom being very stupid.

"I cannot believe him! With your best friend? Ugh! And her!? Ugh! She's a bitch, a total bitch! Ugh!" She kept saying.

"I can see why you never wanted to talk about the reason you were here." Nyla adds.

"And he had the nerve to come all the way over here to bother you with his bullshit? The audacity man." Avianna keeps going off.

"Well I'm sure that if he came over here it's because he truly still cares about you and really is sorry." Nyla says next to me on my left.

Avianna and I turn to face her with a confused look.

"What are you saying Nyla? Did you hear the same story I did? Because I think you missed the part where he cheated on her."

"No Avianna I heard the same story you did. Look all I'm saying is if he came all the way over here for forgiveness, he must still love you and really care for you. I'm not excusing him nor defending him at all, all I'm saying is people make mistakes. It's of humans to fuck up, but it is also of humans to own up to those mistakes and redeem themselves."

"I am sorry Nyla but cheating is not a mistake, it's a choice. The first time ok maybe it was a mistake but the other times no, he knew what happened yet didn't try to avoid the situation. Plus add the fact that he didn't have the balls to tell Kendra about it, if it weren't because she saw them she probably wouldn't even know. He's not sorry for cheating, he's sorry he got caught." Avianna argues back sitting to my right. "I think you need to find another boy that'll make you forget about Tom."

"What? No no no no no. I have no interest in men right now, I am good the way I am. I have more important things to worry about like school, plus I don't know anyone in Toronto outside of the academy so even if I wanted, which I don't, there's no chance."

"Well that's not problem because Nyla and I are both from here so we can introduce you to some friends. Or there's also Shawn." Avianna says and I choke on my own saliva.

"Ha! No never, not happening, like ever."

"Oh come on Kendra, I've caught him staring at you a few times ever since you arrived. He looks you up and down as if you were turkey on Thanksgiving." Avianna adds and I can't stop myself from laughing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I chuckle.

"That he's attracted to you. She's right, I've caught him staring at you a couple of times too." Nyla adds.

"That's madness. He can't stand me and I can't stand him either and even if he were the last man on this earth I would never go out with him. He's the most annoying person I've ever met."

"Yeah sure if you say so." Says Avianna.

"Yes i say so," I say. "Can we talk about something else please? How bout you girls tell me about your love life?"

"Ummm." Avianna says getting up.

"Umm what?"

"No story to tell here." Nyla says. "Ask Avianna."