Chapet 18

I arrived to the city of Toronto a little bit past 8pm. The Acadamy is obviously closed so i won't be able to go until tomorrow Sunday to finish the inscription according to the email I received. Luckily my dad reserved me a room in a hotel close to the academy.

After immigration and getting my luggage i walked towards the exit of the airport where a driver would be waiting for me.As soon as I step out of the airport I felt a knot in my throat. I wanted to cry. I felt like I was regretting my decision, I already miss my dad and Nora and i haven't been here for more than 30 minutes. I felt a tear sliding down my face but I wiped it fast, remember why you are here Kendra, this is for your own good.

I see an older man approaching me.

"Miss Bennett? I'm Roque your driver. I'm to take you to the hotel."

"Hi, thank you Roque, please just call me Kendra." I smile at the old man.

He nods grabbing my luggage. I walk behind me towards a black car and get in. After around 30 minutes we arrive at the hotel.

"I have instructions to pick you up tomorrow morning to take you the the academy miss."

"Thank you Roque and remember just Kendra." I say and he smiles.

"I will be here at 8:30am. Goodnight Kendra and welcome to Toronto." He says smiling at me. I smile and say goodnight before getting off the car.

I check in in the front with a very nice lady. Everyone in Canada seem to be extremely nice. I go to my room and knock out almost immediately. After a long trip, the tiredness is no joke.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
My alarm goes off and I open my eyes. I realize I'm not in my bed nor in my room. For a second I get scared, until I remember that is is now my reality and my home.

I jump into the shower and change into some jeans with a light pink shirt, a jean jacket and some brown boots. I let my natural wavy hair to air dry and hope it behaves for at least until my inscription meeting is over. I rushed down stairs to find Roque parked in the front. I jump in the car and say good morning while he drives away.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the academy. There is a big black gate at the entrance with a sign that had the S&CGA logo. It was a pentagon with the initials S&C in big and Girls Academy under it in smaller font. The colors were white and navy blue. The gate opens revealing a big front yard with green grass and lots of trees. After a big house, something that looked like a castle revealed to me. This school is so big and fancy, no wonder it costs a fortune to come here.

I get off and follow the instructions given to me in the email to find the office. I finally find it and realize I'm 8 mins early to my meeting I grab a chair and wait to be called.

Minutes late a tall, slim lady with short blonde hair and glasses walks up to me.

"Hello you must be Kendra?"

"Yes Kendra Bennett nice to meet you." I say getting up. She looks at me with a confused look.

"Hi I'm Cinthya Smith, you can just call me Ms. Cinthya." She smiles at me. "Follow me."

We go into her office and she hands me some paper work.

"Well I want to begging by thanking you for choosing our school to finish your senior year, normally we wouldn't accept someone this late in the year but we had space so why not." She smiles and i do too. "This is an academy founded by women for women. You will share room with 2 other girls. You have to wear uniform during school hours after you can wear your regular clothes. We allow visits but they have to register in the office first. You can leave campus as long as we have permission signed by your parents or legal guardian, i know you're not from here so a verbal one from one of your parents will do. There are more rules of course so here is the school regulation and your room key. You can settle in today. Do you have any questions for me?" She says as I sit there trying to process all the information she just threw at me.

"Um no thank you." I smile.

She stares at me and I can feel my checks blush. "I'm sorry you just look so much like someone I know." She says and I smile.

"Ok moving on, here is also your schedule. Classes start at 8am end at 2:30pm. Here is this list of the books you'll need for your classes you can just take it to the library and they will provide them for you. You will find your uniforms in your room if they don't fit or you have any problem with them you let me know ok? She asks and I simply nod.

"Perfect now lets go, I will give you a quick tour."

She gives takes me to the most important areas of the school like the classrooms, cafeteria, library and the dorms. It was in effect a quick but i believe I will manage to get my way around. After the tour we walk back to the office so I can get my stuff.

"Gates will lock at 9pm. If you are spending the night here today you'll need to be here before that time ok? Now I have to go but welcome to S&C." She says before walking away.

I stand in disbelief. I can't believe I'm really here. I feel like it's a dream and I'm about to wake up at any moment and I'm going to be back home with Dad.

I come back to reality and decide to get ready for school tomorrow. I got pick up my books. They gave me a text book for each class. These are absolutely heavy. I head out towards my room that happens to be in the third floor, lovely. I walk in and see 3 beds. There are 2 next to each other only separated by a night stand and once oposite to that one next to the door on the left. It was the empty one with uniforms on top of it so I guess it's mine. They are individual beds with wood headboard with lots of cubbies for decorations. Or at least that what they seem to be according to my roommates. Next to my bed there's a desk with a desktop. To my right there's the bathroom and then another door which let you a walk in closet divined in 3 with the empty side to the right for me. I loved this room. After the mini tour and sitting on my bed smiling for 5 minutes and decide I should go get some decorations for my side of the room. I cannot be more excited.

I exit the building to find Roque still here waiting for me. He is an angel.

"How did it go miss?"

"It went great, truly everyone in this city is extremely nice." I say smiling. "Can you take me to a store where I could buy some room decorations and school supplies?"

"Of course, we'll go to target, it's near by."

"Perfect." I say.

I check the time and it's now almost 12pm. I call my dad to tell him how everything went. He sounded excited for me but I could hear sadness in his voice when I said goodbye. The guilt of leaving him alone was getting to me again.

We arrive to Target and Roque tells me he will wait for me outside. I head inside very excited and with my dads permission to use the credit card he gave me to get whatever I needed.

I grab a cart and head out to the school supplies area. I grab everything I could possible need; binders, notebooks, pens pencils, color pencils, markers ect. you just never know what you might need.

After I head towards the home decorations. I grabbed some things to decorate my room but I kept looking for a cute lamp for my nightstand. I'm very concentrated on trying to find them, more specifically one that will match the bed set I selected when I feel my self crashing against something, or someone.

"Whoa" I hear someone say before hearing curtain poles hit the floor.

"Bloody hell im sorry I didn't see you."

"Its okay I didn't see you either." The tall light skin boy with light brown eyes and brown curly hair standing in front of me says.

I stand there as the boy picks up the mess I did. I want to help but I'm too embarrassed to even move.

"You work here?" I ask once he's done.

"No I just like to dress in kaki pants and red shirt to come shop at Target."

I lift my eyebrows at him and he chuckles.

"I'm kidding, you don't have sarcasm in England?" He says. What? How rude.

I roll my eyes at him. "So do you or do you not?" I ask annoyed by his comment.

"Yes, I do." He says pointing to his name tag. "I'm Shawn, how can i help you?"

A/N
Shawn has entered the chat!!! Ahhhh so excited. Thank you to everyone reading. Feel free to leave comments, I'll look forward to reading them.