Chapter 35

"I can't believe it's spring break finally!" Avianna says throwing herself in bed. We just came back to our room after finishing our last class so we are officially on break.

"And Ray is not coming today so no study session either yes!" She adds.

I smile at her. I am excited for spring break too, my dad is supposed to come visit after his business trip. And it's been months since I've seen him, I really miss him even if we constantly talk. Minutes later Nyla walks in with a big smile on her face. She must be excited about spring break as well.

"Ladies, we are invited to the first spring break party!" She announces and Avianna celebrates. They turn to me confused when I don't move from my spot on my bed.

"Spring break is full of parties. Literally everyone throws parties left and right and we mostly go to all." She explains.

"Yeah and the first one this year is at Megan's house. And we know it is going to be a good one because most of the time Megan's older brother Michael invites his friends, Brian and Shawn for example, and they sure know how to party." Nyla adds.

"My dad is coming so I don't believe I'll have much time to party." I say.

"Yeah well your dad isn't arriving today so today you can party." Avianna adds imitating my accent on the word 'party'.

I smile at her but all I can't think about is seeing Shawn again. I had seen him around school since the almost kiss last week, but never got close to talk to him. I am afraid of what could happen if I do. Somehow the girls still convince me to go tonight, and I prepare for whatever the night might bring.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV:

Brian and I arrive at Michael's together like we always do. There is a good amount of people here already, most of them are girls from the academy due to the fact Michael's sister attends there. We are welcomed by Megan who then calls Michael and he brings us beer in some red cups. This is a big party, there's loud music, all kinds of snacks, and alcohol, lots of alcohol. Every time someone arrives, I look towards the door. It's not like I am waiting for anyone in specific, but I do hope she comes. My hope turns into annoyance when I see Chelsea and Kelsey, her light brown hair, green eyes best friend, arrive. It's always them two only, they seem to think they're too good for everyone else. I know this first hand. Chelsea spots me and I see her make her way to me. I quickly turn around and act as if I'm serving myself chips so I can avoid her, but she does not care.

"Hi Shawn." She says standing next to me.

"What's up?" I respond.

"I'm glad I see you here. I hope you ask me to dance later on."

"Yeah well wait for it to happen sitting down, standing up you might get tired."

"You're an asshole."

I shrug my shoulders at her before she turns around to leave. I really don't know what I seen on her that made me like her. She's nothing but a pretty face. She's nothing like...

And it's there when I see her walk in. Her long brown wavy hair down looking good as always. She's wearing black pants with a white Tshirt with a little knot a the bottom where she shows a bit of her skin, a denim jacket and black booties. I blush when I realize I pay so much attention to her outfit. Truth is, she could be wearing a potato sack and still would look beautiful.
She's accompanied by Nyla and Avianna, as always, the power trio. They walk in and go sit across the living room. I can't stop looking at her, her smile is definitely her best accessory.