Chapter 45

"Avians hurry up." I knock on the bathroom door again. "Why must she always take an eternity to get ready?"

"You already know her Kendra, you should've showered before she took over the bathroom." Nyla says.

"Ugh forget this. I'm going to get ready at my mum's." I say and start grabbing some of my things when we hear a soft knock on our door. I open the door and I'm met by a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

"Shawn?" I smile at him as he smiles at me too. Then I remember we are standing in the hallway of the school's dorms and I pull him inside the room. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you real quick before I go and give you this." He says as he hands me a little box. "You said your dress is light blue so when I seen it I had to get it." He adds as I open the box revealing a beautiful necklace with a light blue rock in the middle.

"Oh Shawn this is beautiful." I say before throwing my arms around him. "Thank you." I add and hold him tighter. I don't get to do it for long because we hear another knock on the door. We open our widely.

"Who is it?" Nyla asks.

"It's me Sydney. I wanted to see Kendra real quick." I hear my mum says from the other side of the door.

"Shit." Shawn murmurs.

"You need to hide, she can't see you here." I say and my mum knocks again.

"Going mum Nyla is changing." I say and the knocking stops.

"The bathroom." Nyla suggests.

"Avianna is still in the bathroom Nyla." I say shrugs her shoulders. "Quick, get under the bed."

"Under the bed Kendra? She's going to see him right away." She says and I grunt.

"Kendra?" My mum says.

"The closet! Go go go." I say pushing Shawn into our closet. "Going." I say as Nyla closes the closet door.

"Are you ok?" My mum asks as I open the door for her to walk in.

"Yes all good."

"You're not ready yet?"

"No just waiting for Avianna to be done so I can start getting ready." I smile.

"Ok we'll I have to head out to the venue to make sure everything is ready. You have a rite right?"

"Yes, Avianna's date."

"Ok then, I will see you girls at prom." My mom smiles at us and we wave her goodbye. When she's gone I ran to the closet and pull Shawn out.

"I have to go, I was supposed to be at the venue before your mom." He chuckles.

"Oh my god Shawn." I laugh. He gives me a quick kiss before exiting our room carefully. I close the door after him and lean back on it.

"Oof, thank god for walk in closets."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV:

Everything is set and ready to go. This year's prom is really different than others. Chelsea outdid herself with this event. The girls from the academy and their dates are starting to arrive. I have been busy but I take time to check and see if Brian and the girls have arrived. After a while of walking back and forth around the venue fixing things up, I see my girl walk in. She looks like an angel in her light blue dress. I don't know much about dresses, more like I know nothing at all but I am sure nobody has looked half as good as she does in a beaded tulle dress. Her hair is up in a lower bun and I'm able to see she's wearing the necklace i gave her. I can feel my heart skip a beat when she looks at me and smiles. God, I can't believe how beautiful Kendra is. I walk up to them and give a quick hi to Avianna who is wearing a red dress and Nyla with a purple one.