Chapter 8

Tom's POV
After dropping Kendra off I drive back home to keep sleeping. It was way too early for me to be up. I live literally 10 minutes away from school and I need my sleep, I barely got any.

On the drive back home I kept smiling remembering the night before. I still couldn't believe Kendra finally decided to give that step with me. We've been dating for years and she had never felt comfortable enough to do so but she finally did, no idea why but I truly don't care, I couldn't be any happier.

After sleeping for more than an hour again it's 7:30am now and I have to get ready for school. I take a quick shower, change into some jeans a burgundy T-shirt and black jacket. I grab an apple and head for the door.

Minutes later I arrive at school and meet with Harrison to go to our first class.

"So mate, how was your night?"

"It was good, how was yours?" I ask him back trying to avoid his questions.

"It was fine but I bet not as good as yours. Come on tell me."

"I'm not telling you mine and Kendra's privacy."

"What? But you've told me of your past experiences."

"Yeah but this time is my girl, like my serious relationship."

"Oh Tom you don't have to give me details, just share it man you look so happy." He insists.

I am happy. "Ok fine, it was truly great mate like so worth the wait. You know, this is it, like she is it. I love her Haz I really do."

"Wow if she has you talking like this after one night, I don't even want to imagine when Kendra has more experience."

"Hey," I punch his arm. "Don't be talking like that about my girl." I point at him with my pencil.

"Nah mate I'm not messing with you after seeing how you handled that man last night." He says his putting his hands up.

The memory of the scene the night before at the club comes back to me and so does the anger. Seeing that man hurting Kendra really brought out the worst of me. I was so upset and  felt completely guilty about her having to go through that. I brush the memory away and try to focus on class. These classes need to fly by so I can go see my girl.

Lunch time gets here and Harrison and I walk in to the cafeteria to find the girls sitting with Harry in one of the tables. I see Kendra is wearing the hoodie I gave her this morning. Gosh she's so beautiful when she smiles. How did I get so lucky?

"Hey princess."

"Hi handsome." She says as I sit down next to her and gives me a quick kiss.

"You look tired." I say caressing her cheek.

"Yeah well I didn't get much sleep." She says and turn to see me shyly with those very pretty brown eyes she has.

I smile at her knowing exactly what she meant.

"As I told Kendra I am never drinking again so don't invite because I will say yes." My cousin makes an announcement to the table.

"Heard that before." I say to her.

"That's exactly what i said." Kendra says and we all laugh. We know her too good. Everly and I are the same age which is the reason why we get along so well. She's funny, nice but very blunt. But I will be forever thankful she introduced me to Kendra.

As well all share our experience with the hung over lunch breaks ends. We all get up to walk to our classes and say our goodbyes when i pull Kendra back.

"Hey I know you're probably tired but do you wanna hang today? We can watch a movie and eat some popcorn? Or go for a walk? To the mall? Anything really I just want to spend some time with you."

"Can we nap?" She asks on a serious tone.

I laugh. "Of course we can nap, anything you want."

"Ok see you after school." She winks and walks away.

Perfect. Now I just need to pull through my last class.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I am now watching an action movie. Kendra couldn't fall asleep so we put a movie on just for her to knock out 10 minutes into the movie.

I finish the popcorn and I decide to go for more. I move Kendra off my shoulder slowly to not wake her up. I pause the movie and make my way downstairs. On the kitchen I ran into Harry.

"Can you give me some more popcorn please?"

"Sure. Where's Kendra?"

"She's sleeping."

"Ahh you got her really tired last night didn't you?"

"Shup up Harry, stop saying stupid shit." I playfully say. "Is Sam back yet?"

"No he went to Lily's again after school. He's whipped."

"Damn he truly is."

"That's how Kendra is going to have you now."

I grab my popcorn and throw him an orange at his head. "I told you to stop saying stupid shit."

I run away when i see him reaching out for the orange to throw it back at me. He shoots but misses me since i am at the top of the stairs. I can hear him yell that he'll get me back and i just laugh.

I walk into my room and find Kendra awake.

"Shit I didn't mean to wake you."

"No it's ok." She says sitting up on the bed. "I've been awake for a few minutes now."

"Oh ok." I sit down next to her. "Popcorn?"

She nods and grabs a few popcorn. She seems to be thinking about something really deeply because it takes her a while to actually eat her popcorn.

"Tom?"

"Umm?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes princess. What's up?"

"Do you love me more now that we had sex?"

I almost choked on my popcorn. What kind of question is that?

"No, well yes. Well not really." Ugh how do I explain this.

She seems confused and stares at me with her eyebrows lifted.

"I do love you more, but not because of the sex itself, but because of the intimacy. Like the sex is great don't get me wrong, but the fact that you felt comfortable enough with me to be completely open to me," that sounded so wrong. "is what I appreciate more. The fact that you think I'm worthy of seeing that side of you, I don't know it just means a lot." She smiles. "I know it sounds corny I'm sorry, I-"

"No it doesn't." She cuts me off and grabs my face.

Kendra gives me a kiss and I respond back to it. It quickly turns into a full make out session and i can feel goosebumps on her skin. Her body is reacting to my touch. She moves the bowl of popcorn and sits on my lap. My hands go to her hips and her back.

She lets go of the kiss and pushes my upper body back to lay on the bed.

"I love you more because you took good care of me. I know I'm still new at this and I still have a lot of things to possible learn but I wouldn't want another teacher other than you." She says and takes off her shirt.

Here we go. Here we go.