Chapter 24

A couple of weeks have passed now and everyday I feel happy with the decision I made of coming here for school. I still miss my family and friends back home, but being here makes me feel good.

Nyla and Avianna have made sure to made me feel welcome and I appreciate them for that. Everyone is so nice here. Well, almost everyone. Shawn would be the exception. It's been 2 weeks of that unfortunate event that ended up on me having to spend most of the night with him after he saved me from the cops. After being extremely rude to me and then being somewhat nice when he brought me back, he hasn't spoken a word to me since, and in all honesty I don't care, it's not like he has anything nice to say anyway.

It's Friday afternoon and we are finally done with class. As the girls and I are walking to our dorm ready for the weekend something interrupts our talk.

"Okay so I don't know if I've told you this before but since I met you, you seem very familiar, I can't pin point from where but I could bet you look like someone I know." Avianna says me as we get closer to the stairs

"Kendra Bennett to the main office, Kendra Bennett to the main office." We hear through the speaker. I turn to face the girls who looked concerned.

"What did you do?" Nyla asks me.

"Nothing that I know of, unless they-"

"Shhh." "Avianna shush me. "They didn't find out if not we would have all been expelled already and Shawn fired, and we are all still here. Maybe it's something else."

"Maybe a visitor?" Nyla suggests and I smile at the thought.

My dad had told me he was going to come for spring break but maybe he decided to come before. I'm really wishing he is really here and me not being in trouble. I say bye to the girls as they take my books and backpack to the room and I make my way to the main office.

I knock the door and I hear Miss. Cynthia  giving me green light to pass.

"Good evening, I was told to come here." I say as she type som her laptop.

"Ah yes honey you have a visitor. He's waiting on the visiting area." She smiles at me and I smile, my dad is really here.

I thank her and make my way towards the visiting area. I am pretty nervous but excited at the same time. I haven't seen my dad in a little bit over a month, that's the most I have been without seeing him, and I miss him dearly.

I open the door to the room and my excitement changes to disappointment when my visitor is revealed to me.

"Tom?" I manage to say after being completely shocked. Why is he here?

"Princess." Tom says to me, smiling widely but still not moving.

"What are you doing here?"

"I found out where you were and I-" he starts walking closer to me by to step back.

"How did you find me?"

"I have my ways."

I roll my eyes. Yeah right.

"I've been desperate looking for you. I came across a text message you sent Everly where you mention the school name and that's how I found you love, I came to take you back home." He says and I believe him. I know Everly wouldn't tell him where I was.

I laugh. He looks at me confused as to why that was my reaction. And it was a genuine laugh. He's out of his mind if he thinks I'm going anywhere with him.

"You're wasting your time here please leave." I say and exit the visiting room.

I hear Tom walking out behind me calling my name but I don't stop. Once i get to the lobby i don't know what to do. I don't want to go to my room because he will follow me and I don't want him to know where my room is so I decide to walk toward the main entrance and the front yard.