Chapter 36

"I'm saying that I like you Kendra, I really like you. A lot." Those words keep repeating in my head until they are interrupted by my alarm sound. Ugh, it was just a dream. Or was it? The memory of last weekend of Shawn confessing his feeling to me as I stood there like an iceberg come back to me. It was not a dream it was real.

I shake my head to ignore the memory and I grab my phone to turn of the alarm. It's finally Thursday of the first week of spring break. I have not seen Shawn since last weekend since he has this week off but I know soon I will have to face him. What am I going to tell him? What do I feel? What do i want? I don't know, all I know for sure now it's that today my dad is arriving to visit. I get up quickly to get ready and prepare a case. My dad wants me to go spend the weekend with him. He got a suite at a hotel close to downtown Toronto where we plan to go see around while he's here. I've been leaving in Toronto for a couple of months now but never been downtown, or anywhere actually. Every time I leave campus is to go to Shawn's fights, races, or that one park where me and him hung out. Other than that, I'm always at the academy.

The door to my room opens and Nyla walks eating a cup of fruit. She sits next to me as I continue to fold clothes and putting them in my case.

"You leaving already?" She asks.

"No but my dad could get here any minute so I want to be ready."

"He might be here already," she says in between bites. "I seen some people at the main patio."

The idea of my dad being here brings the widest smile to my face. I'm so excited to see him, hug him and just know he's with me. I leave what I'm doing and rush out the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Third's POV:

Carter walks in to the academy and he looks around the campus. It's a nice school, and according to Kendra, it also a great school in the educational way. For a second he feels happy about Kendra's decision to come here to finish high school. Carter arrives to the fountain and stops to look around, giving his back towards the door of the building.

"Hello Carter." He hears a familiar voice say and freezes.

Slowly he turns around to find the person who at some point of his life, was the most important thing to him.

"Sydney?" He questions.

She smiles. "We meet again after so many years."

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Ive been trying to get a hold of you for a while now." She ignores his question. "We need to talk."

"There's nothing we need to talk about Sydney."

"Are you sure?" She asks again.

Carter opens is mouth to reply but a loud "dad" and a pair of arms hugging him stops him.

"Honey." He hugs Kendra back. He feels complete having his baby with him. Kendra steps back as she acknowledges Sydney standing there as well.

"Oh I'm sorry." She apologizes. "Miss this is my dad, Carter Bennett. Dad, this is the school's principal, Miss Sydney Collins."

"Yes, we've met." Sydney replied maintaining eye contact with Carter.

"Honey go get your things so we can get going-" Carter says nervously.

"Actually sir," Sydney interrupts him. "I would like to speak with you. Your daughter is part of this academy and there's some things I would like to go over."