Chapter 26

Shawn's POV:

After Kendra left the room I smile at her reaction. I really enjoy bothering her and making her upset. I hear the door open again and I expect Kendra to come in but Brian walks in. I go back to tying my shoe.

"I don't know if I'm seeing wrong but I just seen Kendra in the hallway?"

"Yeah she was here."

"Why?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders. I really don't know why she was here. "She looked upset." He adds and I laugh.

"Yeah she did."

"What did you tell her?" Brian asks crossing his arms smiling.

"I asked her if she came to give me a good luck kiss and apparently she can't take a joke."

"Were you really kidding though?" Brian asks.

"I mean if she's down, I'm down." I say and we both laugh as Brian shakes his head.

"What? Who am I to say no to a pretty girl?" I ask.

"So you think she's pretty?" Brian asks smirking.

"Brian come on you've seen her she's gorgeous. It's just that annoying attitude of hers but I mean for that, she doesn't have to talk." I say and wink.

"God Shawn when are you going to take someone serious?" Brian chuckles.

"Don't have time for that now, plus you know what happened last time I tried to take someone serious."

"Yeah but not every girl from the academy is like her."

"Well I don't want to find out. And I don't want to talk about this anymore, how much is on tonight?"

"$1500."

"Ok, against?"

"Neto, a newbie, has won 2 out of 5 fights, 1 was a tie."

"Ok I can work with that." I said as I jump on my spot to get warm.

"Get ready theres only one fight before you tonight and it started already, it seems like it'll be a KO soon." Jerry says and  pops in his head through the door.

"He's ready! You're ready, you're ready." Brian says massaging my shoulders and I keep trying to be active.

After a few minutes we get notified the fight before mine ended in, indeed, a KO on the third round and it's time for me to go. I get ready to go out as they announce my name. I walk with Brian on my right and Frank, my coach, to my left. I make it to the ring and start getting ready as the announce the other fighter.

Neto, the other fighter, is not much shorter than me but walks with an ego bigger than both of us. I try to ignore him and not let that get to me. I turn to the other side when I'm met with Kendra who is staring right at me, I give her a smile and a wink, making her turn her face real quick. Neto finally arrives to the ring and we meet each other in the middle. As the referee go over the rules I concentrate on the fight. I've been done this for months now, easy money if you ask me. I have never lost a fight, I am confident in myself, but I do not let that get to my head.

After the rules I attempt to bump gloves with Neto who ignores me. Okay, Im annoyed now. The first round starts, Neto keeps coming at me throwing punches like crazy, I've been covering myself and shot a couple of punches as the 3 mins of the first round are over. The next couple of  rounds things are the same, Neto shoots like crazy, I cover and shoot here and then. I'm steady, going slow. Neto seems annoyed and keeps losing balance. He seems desperate to get a good hit. Okay is go time.

I get closer and when I see he makes a move to punch me with his right, he lets his guard down and I'm able to punch him twice receiving nothing from him. He looses balance again as he steps back, I step back too not loosing him from my sight. I always do this, go slow at first, saving my energy meanwhile the other fighter goes all out. It might not be the fair thing to do but at least I'm not breaking any rule.

I'm a matter of seconds I get distracted by something in the arena when I feel 2 punches hit me right in the face making me to lose balance. He got me. I open my eyes and i am facing the side where Kendra is sitting at, she seems concerned and has her hand over her mouth. Is she worried for me? I get up ready to finish this. I go all in, no stopping, no resting just fighting.

He's able to land a few punches on me before I finally knock him out by punching him right, left, and right again right before he falls to the floor and the referee pushes me back. I hear the crowd cheer loudly for me as Brian and Frank jump into the ring and hug me. I won. Another simple fight down.

Neto's team gets him up as he bleeds a little bit from his nose. We stop next to the referee as they pronounce me winner. I try to shake his hand but he ignores me again. What an asshole. My team snd I take the celebration to the locker rooms. It's might be some simple ilegal fights but to us it means a lot. I put lots of time to boxing, I love seeing good results. After cheering with some beer, Brian and Frank let me to get ready to take the celebration somewhere else. I put on a gray shit with black sweatpants, I grab my bag and take my jacket in my hand. I walk towards Jerry's office to get my money for the night. I knock the door and he lets me in.

"Another great fight eh Shawn." The blonde, blue eyed man says.

"Yes sir."

"When will be the day someone beats you?" He handing me my money.

"Don't know and I'm not trying to find out." I say taking the it. "Thank you."

"I will let Brian know about the next fight, unless you're out?"

"No of course not sir, count me in."

He smiles. "Have a good night Shawn."

"Thank you sir, likewise." I say exciting his office.

I count the money to make sure I have the full amount. I smile when I realize I do. Perfect, I'm getting closer to my goal, therefore to my dream.

I go to the main area of the arena to find it almost empty. I get a text from Brian saying he would be waiting for me outside in the front. As I'm heading out that way I hear conversation, in specific, an accent that makes me stop. I slowly walk up to where I hear the voices coming from and I see Kendra and Neto standing by the food court. He is taller than her and walks towards her as she steps back. She then looks around as if she was waiting for someone to come save her from him. I don't know why I don't move, I stay on my spot watching their moves. He walks up to her again, and she steps back again. He then attempts to grab her face and Kendra's reaction is to turn her face away which leds him to caress her hair. At this moment I feel my blood boil. Why the fuck is he touching her without her consent? Why is he touching her at all? And for some odd reason I cant explain, without thinking about it, I walk their way.

A/N:
This chapter was supposed to be up a few days ago but it was my little ones birthday on Saturday (Nov 14 what a coincidence lol) so I've been busy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it :)