Chapter 6

Nora prepared a nice dinner for dad and I to celebrate my birthday. She also baked me a cake.

I hear a doorbell and ran because I already know who it is. I open the door to see Everly standing there with a gift bag, a gym bag, and looking like she just rolled out of bed and came to my house.

"Hey, you got here right on time, we are about to cut the cake." I say letting her in.

"Cool, is Paige here yet?"

"No not yet, she'll be here shortly I bet."

We walk to the kitchen where my dad, Nora and Paty are waiting for me to sing happy birthday and cut the cake.

After having a piece of cake, Everly and I run upstairs when we notice is 7:00pm and we have to get ready.

Everly starts starts doing her make up and so do i. The thought of telling her about my decision is running around my head.

"Everly."

"Yeah?" She says focused on her self staring at the mirror.

"So I talked to your cousin about what I talked to you earlier. I told Tom I wanted to do it with him.." Everly turns to me and smiles widely. "Tonight."

"What? Kendra oh my good!" She laughs. "We need to make sure you look 10 times better tonight, what are you going to wear?"

"Well I'm not sure, I was thinking maybe some jeans with a-."

"Ugh i knew it." She says getting up to grab the gift bag.

"What?"

"Okay so because I know you and your sense of style, which I'm not judging I love it, I knew you weren't going to have anything absolutely breathtaking to wear tonight so I bought you this. I hope you like it."

"Good thing you weren't judging."

"Oh shush and open it."

I open the gift bag to reveal a gorgeous silky silver dress with the back slightly open.

"Oh my good it's beautiful, thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm sure my cousin will love it too, easy to take off." She says and winks.

"Oh god Everly." I say flushing and we both alight together.

We hear a knock on the door and it's followed by the door being open. Paige has arrived with her gym bag and hair done already.

"I'm here but I really need to pee so I'll be right back. I hope you girls are almost done, it's getting late."

Paige leaves the room again and I turn to Everly.

"Please don't tell Paige what I told you, I don't want her to know. At least not yet."

"Yeah no I won't it's not my business anyways, plus I have a feeling she'll want to talk you out of it, it seemed like it this morning, it was weird."

"Exactly, that's why I don't want to tell her, thank you, you're the best." I say and give her a hug.

"Okay enough we need to get ready so move." She pushes me to the bed and sits back on the floor in front of the mirror.

I laugh and sit next to her. Paige comes back and sits next to me. Perks of having mirrors on your closet doors. We all fit at the same time, no arguing.

Hours later we are finally ready. Paige is wearing a white tight dress with an open back, black heels, and her long blonde hair straight with a wave at the end. Everly is wearing a short and tight black dress, red heels and her red/brownish shoulder length hair straight. I am wearing the loose silky silver dress with clear heels and my long brown hair curly. The left side of my hair is up with a hair brooch Tom gifted me a few years back.