Chapter 15

I'm waken up by the sunlight lighting up my room. I check my phone to see the time. It's 9am, I slept in. Then I remember my dad must be home already and I jump out my bed.

I head out to the kitchen when I hear noises coming from it. I imagine dad is eating breakfast but I'm met with only Nora.

"Is dad here yet?" I ask picking a piece of bacon.

"His office." She tells me.

I run back to my room to get my laptop before going to talk to my dad. I knock the door and hear him say it's ok to go in. I open the door and I ran to hug him and he walks to meet me too. I missed him so much this past days. But I am glad he wasn't here to see the mess my life has turned to.

"I missed you." I say as I let go.

"I missed you too love, Nora said you wanted to talk to me?" He says as he walks back to his desk.

Ok here it goes. "Umm yeah actually," I'm not sure how to start. He looks up to make eye contact and suddenly it's becomes harder to bring the words out. "Dad I want to leave."

"Leave? My office?" He asks confused.

"No i mean London, to study abroad."

"Well you are honey in a few months when you leave for college."

Ugh why is he making this harder than it is.

"No dad I mean like now, as soon as possible." I say and he gives me a confused look. "Look," I say opening up my laptop. "I already investigated and found a great school for me, it's private and it's an only girls school. I can finish secondary school there, in Canada."

"Why do you want to leave now if you're almost done?"

"I don't want to get into details I just wa-"

"Why Kendra? I don't understand and I'm not liking the idea so unless you give me a good reason i won't even consider it."

I look at him and I can tell he is serious. Well I have to tell him the truth, or half of it at least.

"Tom and I broke up." I say and look down but I can still see his surprised face.

"And that's why you want to leave?" No, not happening." He says.

"Wha-? But why? I already told you that I think it's the best for me and-"

"No Kendra you're almost done with school, what if transferring holds you back? And these are the last months I'll have with you and you want to throw them away for some boy? No honey I'm sorry but no."

I feel anger rising up. Why can't he understand me?

"Its not for him dad it's for me. And I'm sorry but I'm not asking you for permission, I'm legal here and in Canada, I can apply on my own and i did already actually, I'm just waiting to see if I'm accepted and if I am best believe I'm leaving." I snap and he looks at me blankly. "Im not asking you for money either I have my savings, all I want is your support, but I'm doing this with or without you."

I grab my laptop and leave the office slamming the door. I ran upstairs to my room and throw myself on my bed to cry. Everything is going wrong for me? Why? Why me? And why can't my dad just support me? I understand it is sudden but it's what I need. If only I could tell him the real reason why I need to leave, but I know my dad and I would like for Tom to keep his face as it is.

I let my tears flow a little when I decide to go talk to the only person who truly understands me. I go downstairs and see her room door open. I walk in and Nora is sitting on her bed.