Chapter 10

"Girls I am so sorry, really, I will make it up to you soon."

"It's ok dad, we understand."

"Yes Mr. Bennett, don't worry about it."

My dad keeps apologizing for not being able to do our trip for New Year's Eve. He has a work emergency and has to go back to Chile right away.

"Baby Im really sorry, if it weren't urgent for me to go, you know I wouldn't be leaving you on a holiday." He says when I go up to him to say bye.

"Dad really it's ok I understand, stop apologizing and hurry or you will miss your flight." I say hugging him.

Even though I am sad seeing my dad leave on a holiday, I really understand that he has to go. He has never done this so it really must be an emergency.

I go back to my room and see Everly laying down, eating popcorn watching, Netflix in pjs. I throw myself next to her.

"I can't believe this is how we are spending New Year's Eve."

"Or it could not be." She says.

"What are you talking about?"

"Let's go to David's party!" She gets up from the bed.

That's right! David's party. Our whole school is invited, we weren't going since we were not going be in town, but since we are here, why not?

"Let's do it." I say getting up from the bed and walking to my closet.

2 hours later, it's already 11:00pm and we are finally ready, hair and make up fully done. I'm wearing a long sleeve burgundy crop top with high waisted jeans and black combat boots. Everly is wearing a white crop top with jeans, light brown boots and a light brown leather jacket.

We say bye to Nora as we head out once our uber is here. Our uber is a young girl as well. She is playing Little Mix and Everly and I can't stop ourselves from singing along to the song playing. We are enjoying ourselves having a good time with our uber that the way to David's house seemed like a 2 minute ride.

We arrive and we can see this place is packed. I feel like our entire school truly came. As we make our way to in to the house, I can recognize a lot of faces, some are new.

"Should we look for the boys?" I ask Everly once we are inside.

"You go look for them, I'll go get us some drinks. Beer?" She points at me.

"Sure."

She walks away to look for the drinks and I walk towards what seems is the living room. Music is playing loudly and it is impossible to walk through here without bumping to anyone. After a few minutes of looking, I finally spot Harrison standing next to the stair case on his phone drinking something off a red cup. I walk up to him.

"Hey Haz."

He looks up and jumps when he sees me, choking on his drink. "Kendra?"

"Yeah," I laugh. "Did I scare you?"

"Yeah, well no I'm just surprised of seeing you here. I thought you would be out of town? Where's Everly?" He asks looking around.

"Yeah but we couldn't go my dad had to travel for work last minute. And she's getting us some drinks." I say now looking around myself. "Where's Tom?"

"Oh, he went to the store with Jacob. Went for more alcohol you know to keep the party going." He says looking back to his phone.

I nod and Everly joins us with 4 cups.

"Okay here's some beer and i also got us a shot." She says handing me 2 cups. "Hi baby." She says to Harrison giving him a kiss.

I smell the shot and immediately regret it. It's so strong I can tell. Everly sees my disgusted face. "Oh come on Kendra, we got here late we gotta catch up. Ready?"