Chapter 41

Nyla, Avianna, and I walk towards our table in the cafeteria. I stayed yesterday in my mum's office until pretty late. She wanted to know all about my life and I wanted to know about hers. Just as my dad, she never had a serious relationship after him, she was hurt and didn't believe in anyone.  I told her about my life and how much I wished I could've had her with me. I can't believe what my grandparents did, how could they be so evil to plan something like this? Like even my birthday it's not really my birthday? So messed up.

"You are all smiles today Kendra." Avianna says bitting into her slice of pizza.

"I'm in a good mood." I say back.

"And why is that?" She asks rising her eyebrows and before I'm able to say anything, we are approached by my mum who stand at the end of our table.

"Girls," she says giving us a smile.

"Hi miss Sydney." Avianna and Nyla say back quickly.

"Kendra." She looks at me.

"Mum." I say back and smile making the girls turn their head at me. My mum leaves and I start laughing.

"Mom? What the hell happened Kendra?" Avianna asks laughing too. I hadn't had a chance to tell them about my mum because when I arrived to our room they were both asleep already. Yes, it was that late.

"I talked to her yesterday. Things weren't as I thought they were, I found out if she wasn't with me all those years it really wasn't her fault, so why am I going to waste more time being angry when I can just enjoy having my mum now."

"I'm so happy for you I could cry." Nyla says and we all laugh.

Lunch time flies by and it's time for class. We walk over to throw away our trash when Shawn enters the cafeteria. I try to look away because if he smiles at me, my knees will go weak and i will fall .

"Hello girls." He says when he gets close to us.

"Hi Shawn. How's work?" Avianna asks.

"It's good, how's school?" He says to her but is looking at me.

"School sucks, but hey, what's new?" She says making him laugh.

The girls throw away their trash leaving me at the end and they leave the cafeteria, obviously they are doing it on purpose. Shawn walks up to me as I throw away my trash.

"Hi Kendra," he says and goes for a hug but I step back quickly. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"What are you doing?" I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"I'm trying to hug you, I've been dying to see you." He steps closer to me and I step back again.

"Shawn don't get any closer." I say and he stops.

"What's wrong Kendra?"

"I have to go I'll see you later." I say trying to pass him.

"No," he says standing in front of me. "Tell me whats wrong."

"I said I'll see you later Shawn, after class in the storage room. I have to go for now." I say and leave the cafeteria to go to my last class.

After the bell for the last class rings. I make my way out of my classroom towards the storage room when I'm stopped by mrs Cinthya.

"Kendra, miss Sydney would like to see you in her office."

"Right now?" I ask hoping she'll say no. I have to meet Shawn.

"Yes honey right now, come with me." She says placing a hand in my back making me walk with her. Ugh.

We arrive at the main office and miss Cynthia opens the office door. The room of filled with men and women all dressed up.