Chapter 46

Shawn stands against the office door as I pace around the hallway. It was finally Monday and my mom had spent the morning speaking to the school board about the situation that happened Saturday night at prom. We both already knew what was going to happen, but I still had hope things would turn out good for us.

"Kendra, calm down babe." He says.

"I'm nervous Shawn."

"Whatever happens, at least I get to have you." He says approaching me for a hug when the office door opens.

"You can come in." My mum says and we both walk in. We take a sit and and she walks around her desk and lets out a heave breath out. "Shawn,I'm very sorry but you're going to leave the academy." She says and Shawn nods his head.

"Mum.."

"I'm sorry Kendra, Shawn broke the rules, I couldn't do anything." She says with a sad tone. "You will be giving a compensation for the 3 years you worked with us and I'm also giving you a letter of recommendation. I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you."

"It's okay miss I appreciate it." He says.

"Sorry for asking but Shawn what happened? You had been with us for years and we never had a problem with you."

"Your daughter happened miss," he says and I look at him with tears in my eyes. "Your wonderful daughter happened." He adds holding my hand. Tears not leaving my eyes. "Hey don't cry, everything is ok."

"You need this job Shawn."

"Yeah but I can find another one, pick up some more shifts at target. It's not the end of the world Kendra. I still have you and trust me that's more important for me." He says placing a kiss on my hand.

"There is another problem." My mum says and we both look at her. "They want to prevent Kendra from walking on her graduation ceremony."

"What?" We both ask.

"No miss, I take full responsibility but don't stop Kendra from walking her graduation." Shawn says desperate.

"I'm fighting it, the school board is set on it. They will be speaking to the senior class president and they will make a decision that will be notified to me later on." My mum says and her phone rings. She answers and speaks to someone shortly before dismissing us. "Shawn you can pick up the check at front desk it would be available now, and Kendra I'll call you when they give me the news. Don't worry honey, I won't go down without a fight." She says and we both thank her before exiting her office.

"I have to go to class." I say.

"And I have to leave the school."

"This isn't fair." I cry.

"I know, I will call you later ok." He says and gives me a quick kiss. I walk back to class.

"So he was fired then?" Avianna asks as she puts her books in her locker for lunch time.

"Yes, and I feel so bad and guilty." I say.

"Hello girlies." I hear a voice that makes me roll my eyes say. "How are you all doing?"

"Are you happy now?" I say to her. "Did you accomplish what you wanted?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." She smirks.

"You sent everyone that text message and photo of me and Shawn. I know it was you. You wanted to ruin him, wasn't that your threat? Well congratulations Chelsea, you did it. Shawn was fired." I say and the shock expression on her face upsets me more.

"He was fired?"

"Yes, all because of you."

"That wasn't supposed to happen," she says to herself. "But no this isn't my fault. He wasn't supposed to be dating inside the school. Breaking the rules got him fired and will leave you without walking graduation."